DPZ a fantastic long-term play

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by thisisjones, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Why do I have the feeling your position in this is an odd lot?

On a more serious note, Domino's Pizza is ghetto pizza. It's horrific. Which does make it a key staple in these tough times.

I would expect the volume of their business to rise. But their earnings don't see too hot, not sure what is wrong.

P.S. Something tells me you actually like eating Domino's pizza. Does your place of residence fall under Section 8?

#11     Jan 8, 2009
  2. Domino's Pizza - CEO buying at post-IPO lows (3.64 +0.10) : Dominos Pizza's CEO has been buying a substantial amount of stock over the two months as DPZ traded to post IPO lows following worse than expected earnings... Back on 10/14, DPZ reported Q3 earnings $0.08 shy of consensus on revenues that fell $13 mln short of the Street estimate. Shares lost 25.5% the next day, reaching post IPO lows. As the stock continued to trade to fresh lows in the following weeks, the co's CEO bought 127.7K shares at prices ranging from $3.99-6.46 on 10/17-11/14, worth ~$678K... For some background on the company, we note Dominos is a pizza delivery co, operating a network of company-owned and franchise-owned stores in the United States and international markets. Shares have been under pressure since early September highs, along with weakness in the broader markets, as DPZ has lost as much as ~82% of its value. We note the company has a couple interesting catalysts to watch for, including the recent launch of pizza ordering service on TiVo (TIVO) and Thanksgiving Eve, which is known as one of the busiest pizza delivery days of the year. While shares have come off November lows over the past few sessions, they still trade at a fraction of '07 highs.

#12     Jan 8, 2009
  3. ahem..

#13     Jan 27, 2009
  4. ALMOST THERE

#14     Jun 1, 2009