DP's exotics journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by drownpruf, May 7, 2014.

1. FinMath, computing. I am probably not the one to ask, as the bulk of my ed was in life-sciences.

#31     May 9, 2014
  2. speaking of cosmology i just finished reading carl sagans cosmos about a month ago, love that stuff too. but im gonna go im de-railing your thread here lol, ill email you.

#32     May 9, 2014
  3. I am not questioning anyone's ability to make money trading options, no doubt that a few highly-skilled individuals will succeed in that field, I was simply talking about options in general.

An in general, this game is slightly skewed in favor of the option sellers (also known as the writers), not the buyers.

Only a small percentage of traders can consistently make money buying plain put or call options, or the more exotic options like touch, no touch, etc...

It's a well known fact the the majority of options buyers lose in the long run.

#33     May 9, 2014
  4. Only a small percentage... and you're basing this on your vast experience and success in options? Exotics?

You've got one small win out of seven attempts in your choice of mkts. Why are you here, exactly? Something you can help me with on the subject?

#34     May 9, 2014
  5. ($15,920) covered. Long the 3810 two-week touch from 81/100. My prediction is a touch by Tuesday. I will begin to short spot at 1.3775.

#35     May 9, 2014
  6. "It's not how right or how wrong you are that matters but how much $ you make when right and how much you do not lose when wrong" - George Soros

Drownpruf, do us all a favor and post this note on your computer.

Why didn't you ask yourself that same exact question when you completely polluted my Forex thread with non-stop nonsense and an endless flow of meaningless comments?

Anyway, I am done here.

#36     May 9, 2014

7. So tit for tat? The difference is that I actually know what I am doing.

#37     May 9, 2014
  8. [​IMG]

Another May23 DNT, but in SPX. These are priced to ES but settled on the SPX print. 19,500//30,000 on the 1820/1912 knockout, 65/100. Neutral under flat-skew to 1866. This is actually neutral basis SPX skew at 1874. It had dropped a a few hundred so I pulled the trigger (red = downtick on the DNT). It will be above 20K by the close (BOM's offer).

I am done until the current bets knockout or payout.

#38     May 9, 2014
  9. I have a low-vola equity bull trigger into the close. Should help the EUR trade a bit. Not holding my breath for a quick resolution on the EURUSD touch, but two weeks to exp is a long time for the upside ditro to take out 1.3810.

#39     May 9, 2014
  10. The SPX mark (offer) is down to 18,800. Such is why I normally scale in. If anyone wants this and has a BOM account... now is the time.

#40     May 9, 2014