Downsides of being too lean

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Frederick Foresight, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Clubber Lang likes this.
  2. Visaria

Visaria

Thanks for the warning. Personally, I would never be able to go that lean anyway.

A healthy range is around 9% to 15%. Basically, you want to see ab definition.

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Is it theoretically possible to practically measure body fat anyway? I mean if the Dexa scan is let's say 99% accurate (well, first, how do we know it if the answer to the question is no?) why don't they just calibrate the other methods using Dexa measurements?

6 months ago my BF was measured with a super duper scale and a hand rode connected to the scale by a wire. It supposed to measure the electric current's changes through fat and muscle. I thought that was kind of baloney...

That being said, if one uses the same methods no matter what that is, changes within the same system should be accurate or should give an indication of the direction of the change...

A funny, but very good article:

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/body-fat-percentage/

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  4. The way your boyfriend measures his body fat might not be as reliable a method for your body type. :)

5. Maybe he will swipe right...go for it :)

6. Visaria

Visaria

I'm gonna charge for giving cheap thrills. :D

7. take your shirt off, get in your boxers, hide your head.

i'll tell you exactly your BF within 2%. better any DEXA scan; cheaper too :)

8. [​IMG]

9. I bet you say that to all the guys.

#10     Feb 26, 2019
    Visaria likes this.