Downloading yahoo EOD prices

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by abducens, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Just when I wanted to ask about dumping Reuters EOD for some free quotes, up pops a relevant discussion. Cool!

I am running Metastock 8.01 offline.

MiniGrasshopper

"i use routers (installs with metastock) but get feed from yahoo so its free"

I'm interested. Please tell me more.

simsim

"I am using the smartdownloader from www.hypertrader.it
    It is working fine. Downloads all the EOD data from yahoo and integrates seemlessly with the metastock offline."

Excellent! I’m glad to hear that. So you’d say it’s fairly idiot-proof? (This is the idiot speaking.) Ease of use is really a paramount consideration for me.

Anybody have experience with DCenter from traderssoft.com ($54) or HQuote Pro from http://www.hquotes.com?

TIA

#11     Sep 12, 2004
  2. like mentioned before: get MLdownloader - it is the best and pretty easy to use. Have only the highest recommendations for it. You can select which server you get it from and if you do not like yahoo then you can select another server (MSN, wallstreetcity, oanda, quotes - latter one is paid) Can output to ASCII and Metastock and both can be read by multiple trading software packages.

#12     Sep 12, 2004
  3. Bob111

Bob111

word of caution about yahoo data-it's not split adjusted(only adj.close price). not volume,open,high\low. don't know about dividend. and it get updated really late....

#13     Sep 12, 2004
  4. #14     Sep 13, 2004
  5. MLdownloader checks back with their own server and gives a message of stocksplits. But you can turn it off (like I did for ETF's and HLDR's).

Hope this helps.

#15     Sep 13, 2004
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Take a look at Quaccess. Stores all the downloaded data in a MS Access database. Also has a static adapter available for Wealth-Lab.

http://www.quaccess.com

- Greg

#16     Sep 13, 2004
  7. #17     Sep 19, 2004
  8. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

#18     Sep 19, 2004
  9. FYI, candlestick charting added to new version. Very handy tool.

#19     Oct 6, 2004
  10. hylt

hylt

MLDownloader released V6.7 today:)

#20     Sep 7, 2005