Downloading yahoo EOD prices

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by abducens, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Any suggestions on a program to download stock prices. I use the data in Supercharts. A fellow ET member helped me write a small java utility that used awk, but it stopped working for me a few months ago and I have no clue whats wrong. Just cant get it to work.

I have looked at Hquote and Stock quotes express, did trials of both and they are ok for what I need. Does anyone know of other software that would fit my need? Thanks for any help.

2. you could try amiquote

http://www.amibroker.com/download.html

also
    I created small utility which let me fetch EOD data (not from Yaho, but from nasdaq). it is just a hack but it appends data so no need to download twice the same thing . but I will release it only when I do somo more testing. (it take s15 minutes to download all amex stocks data (1 year ))

3. bannronn

bannronn

Can these programs handle splits for historical data?

4. rwk

rwk

5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

6. i use routers (installs with metastock) but get feed from yahoo so its free

7. Hello!

fwiw,

there in attachment you can download app I was talking about,
    it is a simple script;
    - it loads ticker data from stocks.txt (you need to edit it and put custom symboly )
    -fetches data from nasdaq web page (splits adjusted)
    -saves in xls (actually txt) file
    -if earlier data was already downloaded, just append fresh data to the end of file

(you need rebol/view to use it, download from www.rebol.com)

(in attachment I put stocks from DJIA, if you need list for nasdaq or amex or all nyse stocks, just ask.)
    bye-bye

8. I downloaded the newest version of quotemonster thinking that they have the url fixed but it still does not work and I cant even find where the url is listed .

Hquote and stock quotes both have very easy spilt adjustments.

I tried the Amiquote and downloaded some symbols but cant figure out how to use the .ach files it produces.

I downloaded your zip file and the rebol stuff , I am so confused with that I really have no clue on how to make it work, I will keep trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to everyone

9. simsim

simsim

I am using the smartdownloader from www.hypertrader.it
    It is working fine. Downloads all the EOD data from yahoo and integrates seemlessly with the metastock offline.

10. vkoenig

vkoenig