Downloading Music

Discussion in 'Politics' started by newtoet, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Fafrnugn

Fafrnugn

Standard MP3s; I use an OEM MP3 player.

#31     Jul 30, 2004
  2. Fafrnugn

Fafrnugn

So then, no stealing from poor musicians, we limit our downloads to Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake. If that doesn't put an end to P2P, nothing will.

I tried that 'civil disobedience' line once, but the cops made me give back the Rolex anyway.

I don't plan to purchase a Lexus, should I steal one? It's not like Toyota was going to see any of my money anyway.

#32     Jul 30, 2004
  3. So far as I can tell, RIAA has not addressed its existence.

IMO (not a lawyer, but know a few), a US user would be considered an "innocent infringer" and not really subject to any penalty unless you are put on notice that your activities violate US copyright law. In addition, allofmp3's activities seem to be in the realm of international law that is subject to treaties/conventions.

Take a look at:

http://techlawadvisor.com/blog/2004/04/is-allofmp3com-legal.html

They also have a number of free albums available, list at:

http://www.museekster.com/allofmp3free.htm

DS

#33     Jul 30, 2004
  4. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

what are you talking about? more people are sharing everyday. you should check out what goes on in some of the irc rooms. come down hard? not even close. It's just the beginning imho.

#34     Jul 30, 2004
  5. newtoet

newtoet

Whatever. What is your point? I started this thread to find out legal alternatives for myself because I did not want to take the risk anymore.

#35     Jul 30, 2004
  6. newtoet

newtoet

Thanks for the info - now I am tempted again.

#36     Jul 30, 2004
  7. Turok

Turok

Dax:
    >come down hard? not even close. It's just
    >the beginning imho.

I think you just made Newtoat's point Dax...he is concerned that this IS just the beginning of the enforcement and he is looking for legal alternatives.

JB

#37     Jul 30, 2004
  8. seems like nobody answered the original question about where to download songs for free.

I have a site name where to do this.....

send me $10 via paypal and I will give you the low down. You will never pay for another song again. PM me if there are any questions.

blackguard

#38     Jul 30, 2004
  9. coinz

coinz

It does if you need it and don't have the money! :D

It does if I can get away with it! :D

#39     Jul 30, 2004
  10. coinz

coinz

That's the way I see it. The rich can afford to buy CDs/Movies/Software.

It is the rest of the population (99%) who should be entitled to share whatever they want.

After all, it is the poor slobs that keep the rich getting richer.

The ungracious artists who get paid on every CD, etc., bought or seen, shouldn't make such a big deal of it.

It's like readers of my thread/posts emailing them to their friends. You think I'd like to CHARGE for them doing that??

Yes. :D

#40     Jul 30, 2004