Downloading movies off the net

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Pabst

Pabst

Wow! I'm using it still. Had no idea they were "competitors".

#21     Dec 30, 2003
  2. May your computers be infected with the most invasive viruses and cause you much trouble, pain, and lost time. May you all get what you deserve.

#22     Dec 30, 2003
  3. why? :eek:

#23     Dec 30, 2003
  4. Because this world would be a better place if everyone got what they deserved.

#24     Dec 30, 2003
  5. you are against file sharing?? :confused:

#25     Dec 31, 2003
  6. I am absolutely against stealing, yes.

#26     Dec 31, 2003
  7. Well, tell that to the RIAA and their price gouging methods. Has anyone received their $20 settlement check from the price-fixing lawsuit? I haven't.

It isn't stealing -- it is copyright infringement.

#27     Dec 31, 2003
  8. Okay... I must be missing the connection on how downloading illegal copies of movies gets back at the RIAA?

#28     Dec 31, 2003
  9. I'm not using one to justify the other. I'm just saying that if anyone is going to take a moral high ground, why not start with the corporations?

Also, I own about 50-60 legally purchased DVD movies -- not including the dozens I have bought for gifts. If I want to preview a movie before I purchase it, that is my business.

#29     Dec 31, 2003
  10. I love downloading music. I haven't bought a CD since 1999.

However, I have bought a few hundred DVD's, and also pay for my software. Ripping off the RIAA music indu$try scumbags is fun... but filesharing movies or software would feel too much like stealing. Besides, a downloaded movie could not be properly enjoyed on one of my home theater systems.

#30     Dec 31, 2003