Download Historical Stock Quotes from 1962 to present for FREE

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by OxonianTrader, Sep 13, 2003.

1. sorry i am responding so late but here it is:

Use the metastock downloader provided free by Equis:

http://www.equis.com/Products/ReutersDataLink/Downloader.aspx

hope that helps

#21     Sep 24, 2003
  2. Eldredge

Eldredge

Oxonian Trader,

Thanks for the help. I am still a little confused. If you don't have the time or patience to help, I understand, but if you are inclined to help me further I appreciate it.

I am using windowXP, and I downloaded and installed the latest version of JAVA (I'm not sure if I had the latest before or not). I believe it is version SEv1.4.2_01.

When I go to Environment Variables, under User variables I find: Path with a value of MGISHAREDDIR. Under system variables I find: Path with a value of C:\WINNT\system32;c:\WIN... (I can't read the rest). There is also a PATHTEXT with a value of .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;....

I have buttons for New, Edit, and Delete for each of these. I don't know if JAVA is in this path or not, and I didn't really understand how to add it if it isn't (I don't even know what a path is for sure). Thanks for any help.

#22     Sep 24, 2003
  3. Eldredge

Eldredge

Bob did you write an Excel program for this download? If you did, would you mind sharing it. I would really like to be able to download from Yahoo into Excel automatically, but I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks for any help.

#23     Sep 24, 2003