Down nearly 25% on the year... documenting every trade until I'm back to even.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by upandcomer, May 19, 2011.

1. Crispy

Crispy

Nothing will get you through a hard period better than those stats.

Geezus I just saw that this thing was necro`d...3 years old.

#31     Aug 8, 2014
  2. bone

bone

Dead nuts on. Funny how a bit of personal accountability and self reflection motivates the soul and changes bad behaviors and reinforces good behaviors.

Don't blame the market - it is what it is. Find a way to cope with it first, and once you do that you can find a way to profit from it or at the very least stop the bleeding.

#32     Aug 8, 2014
  3. Crispy

Crispy

Yup. You put those hard numbers in front if your face after a bad week or bad whatever.
    Firstly it shows you where you went wrong(or right). Then you have the ability to fix it. Secondly it is cleansing. Face those facts and see the light! Face those trading sins and then you can make amends and move on.

As an example, I had a tough week. Lots of slogging for scratch all said and done. Pisses you off all that work for nothing right? Meh, the stats say my hit rate was right on target. Didnt let any losers get away from me. Let winners run. Just not a good week for the model. It happens.

If you dont keep track of your stats how the hell do you know where you stand in your system? You are crazy not to track them.

#33     Aug 8, 2014