Down Goes Stanford!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Like I said Waggie, come down to the Swamp in november and you will never watch a Cal football again the rest of your life. :D

#11     Mar 21, 2004
  2. I think that you need to review the criteria in the Sears Director's Cup Trophy, because you obviously have no understanding about what the Sears Director's Cup Trophy is all about!

Mav, the Director's Cup is not about conferences.
    It is about an intercollegiate programs all-around performance in roughly 95% of the sports at the D-1 level.

It's about Division-1 Mav.
    Nothing more, nothing less!

#12     Mar 21, 2004
  3. When the University of California at Berkeley comes in 9th overall in the Sears Director's Cup last year, it is coming in 9th out of 265 Division-1 schools!!!

It's about all D-1 intercollegiate programs, Mav.
    Not conferences!

:D

#13     Mar 21, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes, I know that Waggie, and I'm telling you there is an electricity in the air when you are watching a football in the Swamp that compares to nothing in the world. Its about an experience that you will never forget or want to.

#14     Mar 21, 2004
  5. Face it Mav, UAB is totally under-rated.

Atleast Stanford didn't go down in the first-round to a 12th seed that has an enrollment of only 3,144 students, like Florida did against Manhattan!

#15     Mar 21, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Waggie I take it you have never played basketball. If you did, you would know that the size of the school means absolutely nothing in basketball. Do you know how many small schools with 10 white skinny kids that all shoot the 3 that make it deep in the tournament. Happens all the time. Schools like Butler, Gonzaga(from a few years ago) Marquette, etc. In fact in all honesty Waggie, its those small schools that have the best pure players in the country, the only reason they are playing for those schools and not Kentucky is because they are small, skinny, white and most of them are 3 point shooters that can't drive to the basket. But you give these kids a shot at destiny and they will shine!!!!!

#16     Mar 21, 2004
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

BTW, Waggie with your twisted logic using the enrollment of the school as a proxy for how good a basketball team should why isn't Minnesota or Ohio State in the tournament this year? Don't they have enrollments of over 45k students? LOL.:D :D :D :D

#17     Mar 21, 2004
  8. Mav, I was just kidding you about your earlier comment about intercollegiate sports performance being a numbers game!

Look, it it obvious that the tournament is even more exciting than ever because we have greater parity now due to the fact that a team is only allotted 13 scholarships instead of the 15 that they used to get.

As a result, instead of those powerhouses in the ACC, SEC, and Big East "parking" those last 2 scholarship players on the bench, these kids are getting a real shot to play with the Gonzagas, Southern Illionois', and Manhattan's of the world.

Gotta love the Madness!
    I love it!!!

#18     Mar 21, 2004
  9. Mav, I must say that I have a sentimental favorite in UCONN.

However, you really need a great point-guard to take you DEEP into the dance, and I really think that UCONN is weak at this spot with senior Taliek Brown shooting only 52% from the foul line. If a team is down a few points against the Huskies with under a minute left, every one of UCONN's opponents will be fouling Taliek Brown left and right, with a chance to go 2 for 1.

That's my only concern about the Huskies.

#19     Mar 21, 2004