down 83 points because of this...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Feb 22, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

I dont think so, this isnt anything new.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Wall Street fluctuated Thursday as investors weighed news that Iran refused to suspend uranium enrichment,

2. EPrado

EPrado

Also a rumor of terror alert being raised......minutes later the state dept denied any raising.

I think the SP failing to breakout over 1464 by much caught some new longs in a bad spot.....

Just my opinion......I gave up trying rationally to understand how fundamentals affect this mkt.....

3. S2007S

S2007S

a rumor, come on......

4. EPrado

EPrado

I know....crazy huh?

5. nobody bought any us treasuries in december. in fact, they bought 43 billion from overseas... america has a minor cash flow problem of 2-300 bill a month... why is this not news ? why? why? why?

i wouldnt blame the sell off on this - but just to point out that trying to make sense of this shit will make you go cross eyed...america is bankrupt

6. S2007S

S2007S

it will never be news..... Can it be news, im sure it can, however, they will never report such figures.

7. S2007S

S2007S

how does a rumor of that magnitude come about????

I think we can just say that the markets are down today because they are overbought, its simple as that.

8. piezoe

piezoe

The market is down today because it was up 5 days in a row, and now it is time for the MMers to buy back from you guys, at bargain prices, the stuff they sold you at outrageous prices, so they can sell it to you all over again. It is as simple as that guys, it doesn't take fundamentals or an Iran to do this, just basic human greed, and i suppose that is a "fundamental", a fundamental of human nature that is. :D

9. S2007S

S2007S

yes greed sounds like the answer.

I think greed should push this market back into the green today. Fear should kick in sooner or later though. Saw a little sample of fear around 11:30am but it didnt last.

10. EPrado

EPrado

I agree with you on the overbought thing.....

perhaps a large fund is caught short and had the means to start something like that...who the fuck knows.

#10     Feb 22, 2007