Dow vs. DDM

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ivanovich, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Apologies in advance if this is a noob question, but can someone explain to me why DDM is only up .16% and the Dow up 224 points?

2. No one knows? This is what Proshares says about the fund:

"Ultra Dow30 ProShares seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to twice (200%) the daily performance of the Dow Jones Industrial AverageSM."

Yet this morning, DDM is @ 51.63, up .27% and the dow is up 2.1%

3. dero

dero

Frankly, that -777 close made no sense to me, it was -590ish at 4:00pm, and YM never reached the same lows DJIA did afterhours. Usually YM has a 10 point premium on DJIA, but the low for YM was 10400 while it was 10260 for DJIA.

4. S2007S

S2007S

Noticing it as well, I trade DDM alot and from what I can tell is that the last minutes of trading the dow dropped extremely hard, the closing prices on the proshares occurs at approx 4:15pm, the NAV on DDM yesterday was approx $49.50, so basically the ETF is up around $2.00 from its closing NAV however I still dont comprehend this either, I dont think at anytime yesterday this ETF could have been bought for $49 and change and sold today for $51+ Im going to give them a call and ask for some info related to this, aside from that look at DXD.

DXD down 2.5%

DDM up .56%

:confused: :confused: :confused:

5. I'm simply going to stop putting money in these ETFs if they function this way. It's just too fishy.

6. Yeah, UYG was dysfunctional this morning. They are useless if they only follow the index some of the time.

7. Nanook

Nanook

...and the ATM Calls are getting crushed!

8. mskl

mskl

Counter party risk. Understand what you are getting into....

9. Both Dow and DDM down 1.8% today.

Going down seems to work just fine! :)

#10     Oct 1, 2008