Dow Up 90 Points On Chrysler Bankruptcy News

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrDODGE, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Chrysler bankruptcy sure helps the economy going forward.

Great job again dumb money!

2. kxvid

kxvid

No that was smart money. Notice how yesterday there was a huge tank in the last 25 minutes of trading. Today there was a huge rally in the last 25 minutes, that's "smart money" trying to rob "dumb money" that got the idea to short from yesterday's trade.

Its not like today's up day was anything but the bell ringing when traders bid the stocks up higher, rather than lower.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Maybe it's just me but I always thought the "dumb money" were the ones on the wrong side of the latest move in prices.
    The ones with positions in the red.

4. Long and even intermediate terms, you will be vindicated as surely as there are laws of physics at play in the universe.

Don't let the short term manipulation bother you, as you should know that more than 70% or even 90% of those doing the manipulation won't be able to sustain their models, and will give back much more than they can extract now.

Jobs, jobs, jobs. This is 99% of the predictive input of future price, profit and sales volume trends and data.

The other 1% is wages.

So, it's not looking well at all as the western nations, and some asian ones, print money at breakneck speeds to avoid mass panic.

The deadbeats can no longer even keep up with their credit card debt: http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2009/04/23/business/AP-US-Earns-American-Express.html?_r=1&hpw

They can't print money, and shift their problems in magnified form into the future, as governments can through central banks.

"Hey honey, can you print me off $11,812.56 so I can pay off the Discover Card bill? Thanks."