Dow to gold ratio

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, May 4, 2010.

1. rj.miller

rj.miller

I recently purchased an iPhone app that may be of help to you. The app is called Dow in Gold. It's pretty cool, compares the Dow to Gold and updates realtime.

#11     May 20, 2010
  2. If the history repeats, there is ONLY two possibilities.

Either gold goes up to 10K or DOW drops to 12K. I think if 1:1 ratio is going to happen, it would be meeting in the middle of the road.

I still believe that 5000K gold is achievable in my life time. And we have witnessed how DOW was so close to 5000K during last recession.

5000K gold vs 5000 DOW

I WOULD LOVE THAT!

#12     May 20, 2010
  3. clacy

clacy

That would be the buying (stocks) and shorting (gold) opportunity of a lifetime.

I would love it if that happened.

#13     May 20, 2010
  4. And when that happens, make sure you are not holding US dollars.

#14     May 20, 2010
  5. And now...dow is 9931 and gold is $1220 with a dow to gold ratio of 8.14 oz to 1. Getting very close to the gold/dow ratio in march of '09 when the dow was 6500 and gold was $900.

#15     Jun 5, 2010
  6. At that time the ratio was 7.22 to 1. As of right now, its 7.98. Dow is 9650 and gold is $1210.

This means that if today gold was still $900 per oz, the Dow would be just under 7200. That is just to give you an idea of how bad things really are.

#16     Jul 2, 2010

7. Traveler, you really are a dumbass with your slovenly work. Assinine, hovine, bovine would be putting it mildly, but I remember you well (in a good way) from my first days at ET in the Politics forum, so for this time only, I'll do your work for you :) :D

----------------------------

Dow versus Gold = Dow/Gold for the dummies here :) gives a whole lot more valuable data than Traveler just fired sparks out his ass.

Study the chart carefully for the looong HISTORY of how the Nominal Dow (Dow priced in US$) follows the Dow/Gold (Dow priced in ounces of Gold)

Dow/Gold has ALWAYS warned of a crash. See the massive drop in Dow/Gold in 1966? The corresponding effect on the Nominal Dow is either a similar crash as occurred for the GREAT DEPRESSION in 1929 or a massive sideways consolidation aka TRIANGLE from 1966-1982.

Now fast forward to the current decade. Do you dig now that the BEARmarket began in 1999 (or Jan 14, 2000 the top of the nominal Dow). See the Dow/Gold topped in 1999 and the persistent crash ever since - while the Nominal Dow came down but then went up again into the 2007 top? This massive divergence = nonconfirmation is like a fckin hellestial magnet that is going to pull the Dow down.

Is this starting to get thru' your thick skulls now, morons? You dummies are playing with FIRE and are asleep at the wheel bigtime.

For your homework, examine how foolhardy it has been to invest in the Dow for the last 10 years.

There's a whole lot more to be gotten from this chart by going down into monthly/weekly/daily ..........

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#17     Jul 2, 2010

8. Yeah baby, take that IDEA, then multiply it by e squared - then add a few zeroes in sets of 3, take the decimal place and fling it out the window, then add more zeroes and maybe you will have a clue as to how bad things really are ...

but you can in the meantime see only the beginning of what Dow priced in Gold is told-ing, telling, foretelling ...

my yearly chart of Dow Jones from 1800 onwards (see below) had me stumped for months as I just couldn't figure out the true structure. Well, thanks to the great Bobby, a fellow thoroughly despised here at Retard Central, but to me is most likely the most intelligent market practitioner in existence - he provided the missing data by combining British stock prices and splicing that with US data. Voila! Everything cleared up for me.

my chart first, then bobby's ........

[​IMG]

-----------------------------

Bobby's chart showing the data from the 1700s that I was missing

[​IMG]

----------------------------------

Listen up clowns, :)

just put away all your indicators, your stupid nanotimeframe charts, just sit back and look at PRICE on bobby's chart ... :)

can you not see that the 1700-1780 correction is ONE COMPLETE PACKAGE and that ALL the giant rise that occurred since then is ALL ONE PACKAGE too? Well, if you dig this, then you must see that the current correction will at the very least be commensurate with that of 1700-1780.

Another clue to tax your nobody-home minds is to just count the # of prosperity/depression moves starting from the 1780 low and you will see that that entire move is a clear 5-wave move. After a 5-er, shit happens. Count on it!! :)

#18     Jul 3, 2010
  9. for traveler .......... its only beginning

extracts, simply copy and pasted for your edification ....

"The small southern California city of Maywood has hit on a unique solution to its budget crisis. Crushed by the recession and falling tax revenues, the city is disbanding its police force and firing all public sector employees." (Financial Times, June 28)

Maywood is not the only California town with money problems. CNBC just reported that Oakland has cut 80 police officers. Vallejo, a city of 120,000, will trim its police force by 17 -- after it already let go 41 officers. Vallejo policemen earn an average salary of $122,000; the town went bankrupt in 2008.

And you may remember the March announcement of the Kansas City school superintendent: he plans to "shutter" nearly half of the district's schools"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#19     Jul 3, 2010