DOW to fall below 11k

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lilduckling, Jul 27, 2008.

1. care to post a chart?

It's difficult to be certain in inflationary markets. The market could very well go up.

As people realize the govt. is robbing them, they'll take money out of savings and buy stocks and assets that will go up with inflation. Well, at least the smart ones will.

#11     Jul 27, 2008
  2. You are the joker, for if you had seen some of my past calls you would not have said that.

Its true.... 5 days is long, some times I have called much tighter, like within one day..... but i cant always get small widows like that.

and I have posted my trades in YM and ES with in seconds of a movement.......

points is, i rarely make calls, but when i do they are correct about 8 out of 10.

You know................ i just told someone a few weeks ago why Its been a long time since i posted calls..... and its because of people like this that insult you before the fact, and after the fact when i,m proven right, they say its just luck..... i shoud've known better

#12     Jul 27, 2008
  3. You better put on that trade then. Don't post in here for a pat on the back and then regret not taking the trade yourself. You better make some money this week. It's your account, not ours. Put this into action, put on that trade!!

#13     Jul 27, 2008

4. are you related to this other guy 1flyfisher?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1754935#post1754935

#14     Jul 27, 2008
  5. Dude, don't let the bastards wear ya down.

Personally, I've been heavily short since the top, based mainly on SnP500Trader's call - but then again, I agreed with his reasoning.

If you could post some of your indicators or at least something other than, "I say so" could go a long way.

As for me, I'm always watching for the "surprise" - when things do not go as planned - hence I was asking if you have an exit strategy in case things do not go as planned..........like if the DOW zooms 100, 150, 200? When do you admit defeat?

Steve

#15     Jul 27, 2008
  6. Bushido

Bushido

Well if people do realize the risk of having a majority of their cash in banks they are more likely to turn/be directed towards t-bills etc. Which would further create problems for the smaller banks which are likely to be in trouble.

As for stock the majority of advisors will tend to direct clients with low risk tolerance towards investments secured by the govt. as for the ones who do enter the markets, I look forward to a long squeeze there.. plus with the 19 where there will be pretty much no short-covering thanks to the SEC the squeeze will be even better.

I agree with the OP and NY_Hood that the markets are poised to drop and personally I would say it would be better in the interest of the masses if it is sooner than later. As for me, they can take their time, its gonna happen but the longer it takes the longer it lasts.

In terms of dow my short term target is 10408 and 1186 for ES.

Sure I could be wrong, but that's a whole different story I wouldn't believe in until I can be proven wrong, and that can only be done by the markets.

#16     Jul 27, 2008
  7. patoo

patoo

Congo,

Pay attention to your elders, boy. You might learn something!
    The duck and I agree 100%

#17     Jul 27, 2008
  8. Mvic

Mvic

Still looking for 10700 on the dow.

#18     Jul 27, 2008
  9. I never have a clue where markets are going. opinions at times of course, but that's about it. I just react, and try to keep the bias to a minimum.

#19     Jul 27, 2008
  10. And just what is the geo-political outlook?

What are the international markets telling you after last weeks' weekly close? Durable Goods numbers were very strong last week ( +1.4% excluding defense) . . .how does that factor into your domestic economic outlook?

You say that all of the above factors into your methodology . . . yet you discuss none of it.

Why is that?

#20     Jul 28, 2008