Dow Mini next stop 12400 today

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by myminitrading, Nov 20, 2006.

1. oh ye of little faith....

to be young and naive again...

those were the days.....

Moral of the story : You don't need stops when going long indexes as there is absolutely ZERO risk. What you lose today you get back tomorrow double....

Unless of course "this time is different"

#21     Nov 20, 2006
  2. galiano

galiano

Great plan. No stop. LOL And absolutely impossible for a huge gap down.

luck is not a trading plan.

#22     Nov 20, 2006
  3. when was the last "HUGE gap down" that didn't get filled?

please enlighten us

#23     Nov 20, 2006
  4. galiano

galiano

oops... this time is not different and impossible for it to be different.

Best of luck to you (you need it) if that question is indicative of your trading style and plan.

#24     Nov 20, 2006
  5. Trading plan whats that? All you do is just buy buy buy, Some of you may not be aware of the midnight rally crew, they come on tonight and will remedy this dip today.

No such thing as a down US equity market ho ho ho.

#25     Nov 20, 2006
  6. emily dickenson said "hope is the thing with feathers"

maybe hope is the thing that is long 16 contracts with NO stop

lol

the market doesn't move cause it wants to, it moves cause it has to

the biggest moves aren't fueled by people jumping on board a train, they are fueled by margin calls and stops hit, when they bail out (whether up or down)

i am really happy that "traders" like this exist

when i see money marked to market in my futures account, i thank the heavens for traders with NO STOP
    lol

#26     Nov 20, 2006
  7. you either covered some of those contacts.....or were forced to by the end of day by your broker.....you should have sold at 12385.....what were you thinking.....it just takes one idiot blowing himself up in Indonesia with a homicide bomb and you are looking at being down 100 points per contract in 10 seconds.......good luck with that strategy though:).....maybe you just called the top by your lunacy...12385.

#27     Nov 20, 2006
  8. sometimes i wonder why it seems (at times) like the market is such a frigging ATM machine.

then, i read about people who go long 16 contracts with NO STOP and call their trade a guaranteed sure thing can't lose trade.

nothing has changed in the entire history of 2 way auction markets

the same principles of psychology and emotion apply, and that is why TA works, among other things

#28     Nov 20, 2006
  9. myminitrading,

I liked your long market call in early Autumn but I'm on an opposite trade here. I'll slowly double my position as it goes in my favor but if not I'll take losses around mid 12400's. My downside target is around 11700 (on index; might have to roll my position over next month for that one maybe, IF this works out), though I think it can go down as low as 11500 area.

#29     Nov 20, 2006
  10. exactly bro....

they don't go back as long as us and were watching in 2003 when the MRC was established.....

LONG LIVE THE MRC$$$

#30     Nov 20, 2006