Dow Futs Down 54 Points Already....Oh, Wait, That's the SnP

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Asparagus, Jan 21, 2008.

1. When you hold over the weekedn no matter what sizze you have and money management you are risking and hoping nothing happens. Stops make no difference if it gaps down 500 points and thats the futures, becuase atleast you can get out as they go down in the middle of the night. If its stocks then all hell breaks loose when they gap down! But to each there own, obvioulsy if its long term invesment fine, but for swing trades could be a killer, I wish all the best whjo are holding and hopefully its a buying opportunity for you, or maybe you hedged with options.

#11     Jan 21, 2008
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Tough to say if those futures are accurate, I have seen many times before futures down this much only to open up the next morning down nearly half what they were the night or day before on a holiday, however after seeing where the international markets traded last night seeing the futures down like that makes it a good possibility that tomorrow morning is going to be another sell off. If the market opens down 2%+ and reverses I think it could mark a short term bottom. Going tp be interesting to see the dow trade below 12k.

#12     Jan 21, 2008