Dow Down 200, Nasdaq -60, S&p-30!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Jan 31, 2007.

1. The chain deflator moved lower to 1.5% vs. expected consensus 1.6%. SOUNDS LIKE FREE MONEY ON THE LONG SIDE!!!!!!!!!! :D

#11     Jan 31, 2007
  2. Slower growth?
    Once again you show that you have NO IDEA what you are doing.
    3.5% GDP growth was faster than the anticipated 3.0%

For all of 2006, GDP was 3.4%.
    Not too bad after all of the "Doom & Gloom" forecasts of a recession due to oil prices spiking to $70 per barrel.

#12     Jan 31, 2007
  3. Tums

Tums

Have you taken profit on your AAPL short? at $75? That was a quick profit!

#13     Jan 31, 2007
  4. Slower growth?
    Once again you show that you have NO IDEA what you are doing.
    3.5% GDP growth was faster than the anticipated 3.0%

UP 1.24 PER SHAREx1000...........AND YES.......I CUT MY LOSSES SHORT............................AND RIDE MY WINNERS.

YOY EARNINGS GROWTH MORON----GET A CLUE----NOT SOME STUPID GOVT. GDP GROWTH NUMBER----CORPORATE EARNINGS IS WHAT COUNTS.

#14     Jan 31, 2007
  5. I love zero downside risk in the indexes with 100% up room to go! SWEET!

#15     Jan 31, 2007
  6. housing down 19%; biz investment down=those are the important numbers.

govt. spending up about 4.5%, and consumer spending up=those are not good numbers, they skew the overall gdp to the upside, but that is the last thing you want, i.e., consumers getting more in debt, and the government spending more money=both those numbers are in fact worrisome, as the govt. needs to show more fiscal responsibility, balance a budget once in a while, and consumers are setting up the classic "debt-trap" with high credit card purchases.

#16     Jan 31, 2007
  7. The big indexes only know one way:

[​IMG]

#17     Jan 31, 2007

8. nice call bro!!!

I LOVE 100% UP ROOM TO GO WITH ZERO RISK$$$$

#18     Jan 31, 2007
  9. S2007S

S2007S

like the rocket.....As for the overall market it has no clue where its headed, still have the 2:15pm fomc meeting which right now sits at a 100% that there will be no change.

After the bell GOOG earnings which of course will only be a positive for wallstreet, everyone is talking great earnings and most likely a price target at 550.

Overall the dow could easily close at new highs by the end of this week, 12700+ is not out of question, especially if goog earnings and employment numbers are PERFECT.

No fear ....buy the indexes and make money or if your like me buy the dips in BA and IYT and sell them before they JUMP up 5%...:mad: :mad:

#19     Jan 31, 2007

10. Stocks Mixed After Boeing Report

Wednesday January 31, 10:34 am ET
    By W. Gibbous, ET Business Writer

Stocks Heading Green Following Boeing Profit Report and "Wrong-Way" Prediction

NEW YORK (ET) -- Stocks were narrowly mixed in early trading Wednesday but started heading up as the economy gave off fresh signs it could sidestep a sharp slowdown, and a famous contrary indicator and quarterly results from Boeing Co. that blew past projections, helped bolster shares. The robust data offset some skittishness about the Federal Reserve's decision on interest rates due later in the day.

Also noted was BlueStreek's prediction of a steeply sliding market. It is well known on Wall Street that BlueStreek is one of the most reliable counter-indicators. Doing just the opposite has made many millions for smart traders.

In other business news...

#20     Jan 31, 2007