DOW Crashing ?!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bono, May 30, 2002.

1. it looks pretty dismal. sometimes everyone can be bearish and it'll <i>still</i> go down.!:D

#51     Jun 3, 2002
  2. lundy

lundy

todays data is realtime evidence that the dow is crashing.

#52     Jun 3, 2002
  3. looks like they're still settling trades and it's 5:02 est.

#53     Jun 3, 2002
  4. Mike777

Mike777

:D :D :D :D

#54     Jun 3, 2002
  5. How long will it take for the market to go to zero?

#55     Jun 3, 2002
  6. Hence, the fact that most of us on the board think its going down. Means the rest of the world thinks this is the bottom or is generally bullish.

The fed needs to buy bonds NOW!!! There is not enough money in the system or its spread out in a poor manner. The money in circulation is too little for the system's productive capacity.

#56     Jun 3, 2002
  7. Bono

Bono

chasinfla,

yes of course. This is from my previous post on page 5 of this thread :

<< most people are bearish on the market ... if they have already gone short ... then we have a problem, and the market doesn't have enough sellers to drop .. and could reverse course .. but if they haven't done so yet ... then this could be very very dangerous, as they would be encouraging each other to short the market and cause it to crash ..." >>

Obviously, no one had gone short yet :)

#57     Jun 3, 2002
  8. yknow, it was reported that NAZ short interest hit a record last week....

#58     Jun 3, 2002
  9. Bono

Bono

chasinfla,

maybe, that could be true ... but records are made to be broken ... let's see how many new records we'll witness in this bear market.

#59     Jun 3, 2002
  10. SteveD

SteveD

DOW 30: Can one make a true comparison since the makeup of the Dow is changed from time to time. A more honest method would be to maintain the original companies and see where they are now. If a company went out of business so be it. There would be a "zero" in their slot, LOL.

Has anyone ever seen a true comparison from the original Dow?

#60     Jun 3, 2002