DOW big drop and I want to know why

Discussion in 'Trading' started by joesan, Jul 26, 2007.

1. joesan

joesan

Woke up only to find Dow down 2.26%. I only trade Asian markets but I hope to find some websites which outline the happenings in the overnight Europe/ US market , hopefully with some comments, such as the possible reason for the market movement. Overall market (ie. stock index or maybe some forex info) comment is enough, as I only want to have an idea of the big picture.

Thanks for any help

2. bighog

bighog Guest

Letting some air out of the CREDIT BUBBLE........repricing risk. Alan greenspan was not a good steward of the central bank when he and other central bankers were worried to drinking about the prospect of DEFLATION during the last 10 years..........sooner or later history shows laxed credit and or credit standards will allow the cows to come home.

Alan was a puppet and allowed the housing bubble to go HOG wild with scam mortgages etc. The mkts are adjusting to narrowing of credit mkt spreads as many back away from George Bush and his so called "Ownership Society".

Greenspan was one sorry central banker. Do not worry about if the mkt will go up or down.....just trade it... :)

HOG OUT

3. You wake up at 4:00 P.M.?

The market was failing to recover from dips, despite it opened higher.

Disappointing new and exisiting home sales precipitated the plunge.

4. joesan

joesan

LOL, I am a Chinese living in Shanghai.

ET is now a global syndicate :D

:D

5. There were 3 people selling and only 2 people buying...

Except on the close when one of the sellers covered and went to the pub...

:p

6. yep

7. piezoe

piezoe

Greenspan was one sorry central banker. Do not worry about if the mkt will go up or down.....just trade it...

Indeed! :)

8. The Illuminati took it down.

When the Illuminati talk, the Skull & Bones listen.

9. Hog,
    "Good post, it mirrors my sentiments exactly!"

Jeff

#10     Jul 26, 2007