Dow About to Break Out?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Corso482, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Like Nitro,I wouldnt call it predicting. Prepare for long or short.

On technicals & earnings think shorts look more likely on DIA family than SPY or NasdaQQQ.:cool: Last two look real strong.

#31     Jan 15, 2003
  2. Nothing, I just like the word bellwether and how people on TV use it without understanding its meaning.

#32     Jan 15, 2003
  3. GD2KNO

GD2KNO

They do not all break out up to the upside. Triangles can be completions to a move and in this case, my money (if I were a position trader) would be on the short side.

To me a chart without indicators is meaningless.

I see it as a consolidation at the top.

As Jesus said,"Do not be taken by the appearance of things."

#33     Jan 15, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Jesus also suggests that everyone email PPTS4U.

--Db

#34     Jan 15, 2003
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

First Global's Sharma says U.S. stocks will 'crack big' ($NWX, $SOX) by Tomi Kilgore
    Shankar Sharma, chief technical strategist at First Global, said recent market action suggests that over the next 12 to 72 hours, the U.S. equity market will crack, and crack big. He noted that while the major market indexes erased early losses to close nearly flat on Friday, the reversed occured on Monday. Sharma feels the networking and semiconductor sectors will be hit the hardest. The Amex Networking Index ($NWX) is currently gaining 4.9 percent and is now up 31 percent since the end of 2002. The Phlx Semiconductor Index ($SOX) is now up 2.5 percent for a year-to-date gain of 18 percent.

#35     Jan 15, 2003
  6. Where does He do that exactly, please?

:eek:

#36     Jan 15, 2003
  7. Dammit, I still maintain there is a bullshit formation going on...whatever the hell you want to call it!!!

#37     Jan 15, 2003
  8. i'm sorry, did i say bullshit, i meant 'bullish'.

#38     Jan 15, 2003
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

:D

--Db

#39     Jan 15, 2003

10. Words of wisdom, I say. :)

Would it not then just be a series of points connected?

#40     Jan 15, 2003