Dow 8,000 you ready?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bat1, Jun 29, 2008.

1. zdreg

zdreg

if the moderator doesn't like a post he moves the entire thread to chit chat.
    i guess if you have the power you exercise it.
    it must be a terrific rush.

#31     Jul 1, 2008
  2. If the dollar doesn't firm or gets even weaker, inflation stays high or runs higher and unemployment numbers disappointing, people will step over each other to rush for the exits and we WILL have a massive crash.

Oil Bulls are killing the equity markets and financial markets by stoking massive inflation in everything from petrol to transport costs to higher material costs (and much, much more).

Killing them.

Oil Bulls must be dealt with harshly.

#32     Jul 1, 2008
  3. Don't listen to the Jeremiahs. Dow 100,000 in 45 years. R U ready? The infrastructure is set up for one of the greatest economic expansions in world history. Lot's of tech progress. This won't really take off till there is a sigh of relief regarding percieved problems with religio-nuclear threat. When that score seems to be settled, the market will recover as it did after 9-11 and keep on going.

Jesus.

#33     Jul 1, 2008
  4. Jesus, you originally wrote 'Dow 10,000 in 45 years' before editing your post.

Which is it, Jesus?:eek:

p.s. - and did you really write 'R U ready,' as if you were texting on a blackberry? OMFGBBQ

#34     Jul 1, 2008
  5. It's 100,000. Good to see you are following me closely. What we need perhaps is a live data feed so you can ascend with me. Just keep investing in reality.

Jesus :D

#35     Jul 2, 2008
  6. Don't forget that the dow moves in tandem with inflation and the 100000 dow that you are talking would mean that $100 will buy a case of beer (my inflation benchmark :)

#36     Jul 2, 2008
  7. Don't forget that the dow moves in tandem with inflation and the 100000 dow that you are talking would mean that $100 will buy a case of beer (my inflation benchmark :)

#37     Jul 2, 2008
  8. No doubt, Mr. Niederhoffer is now closely monitoring athletic cup sales to time his next entry.

#38     Jul 2, 2008
  9. zdreg

zdreg

sounds like investment tip to buy beer stocks as people drown their sorrows in beer. bottoms up.

#39     Jul 2, 2008