Dow 8,000 you ready?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bat1, Jun 29, 2008.

1. bat1

bat1

I just had to be the first to say it!

meltdown in banks $6.00 gas around the corner
    Iran U.S war in the works thousands of jobs gone!

Ed

2. When everybody is proclaiming doom and gloom, recovery is right around the corner.

Jesus.

3. Until random strangers kick you in the balls after overhearing you mention the words "stock market" in a public place (probably because they just lost their retirement savings), the bottom is not in.

4. :D

5. exactly!

6. VIX says otherwise

7. S2007S

S2007S

I thought in march the dow was headed for 10-11k on the BSC news, nope didnt happen, the dow jumped 1000 points in about 2-3 weeks, that took me by surprise. Now I'm think the opposite, that a 1000 point point drop from fridays close would actually surprise me. Im thinking the DOW does dip below 11k, but to see it drop 1000+ points from here would surprise me. Im actually somewhat bullish around 10700-11k. Oil up again tonight could push equities lower, I just cannot comprehend that nothing is being done to at least prop the dollar back up. Simply Amazing.

8. S2007S

S2007S

Does the VIX have to get to 35+ to signal a short term bottom??? Im thinking 35+ when the the s&p breaks 1200.

9. You underestimate the will, desire and passion our government has for destroying our dollar.

I call dibs at 10,200 (historically average 30% correction, typical of bear markets).

10. S2007S

S2007S

I am actually worried that the dollar could collapse......

If this were to happen you would see DOW 8000, I really think the dow would lose 1000-2000 points in a single day and that a drop back to 8000-9000 could be possible. I think its time the federal reserve steps in and does something before the dollar collapses. Its getting to the final stages, something needs to be done now.

#10     Jun 29, 2008