Dow 450 points of lows and surging ..August 16th 2007 again

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Oct 6, 2008.

1. DOWN -300 a day or so.....can anyone calculate how many days until we reach ZERO!!! :D

#21     Oct 7, 2008
  2. Adobian

Adobian

WRONG! it's 500 a day from here on out.

LOL :D

#22     Oct 7, 2008

3. remember the famous trading adage... never go off your meds during a bear market !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23     Oct 7, 2008
  4. xednise

xednise

You must speak into a tape recorder as you type this, then play it back. Being in love with the sound of your own voice is the only reason for this nonsense you spout that is seemingly never ending.

#24     Oct 7, 2008
  5. I'm still optimistic that the money guys and funds will start buying up quality stocks such as GOOG AAPL MOS POT PCX EWZ ect that have been beaten so brutally in the recent weeks. Valuations are looking really attractive at these levels.

Looks like facebook's traffic surged again. Up 50% from last year.

http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/080926-100922

This is where the growth is. You won't hear about web 2.0 internet boom from the doom and gloom pundits who are obsessed with unemployment, inflation, the great depression, deficits, 'taxpayers paying the tab on bailouts' and other nonsense.

How many times does this bear repeating? The US economy IS fundamentally strong.

When the consumer stop spending we're in trouble but that hasn't happened yet. Falling wages and falling personal income would be the first signs of trouble, but that hasn't happened either. I know how the economy works, but I don't really know how stocks work or else I would have sold everything when the spooz was at 1400. Piece of shit MOS and visa keeps falling. No floor it seems.

#25     Oct 7, 2008
  6. remember the famous trading adage... never go off your meds during a bear market !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#26     Oct 7, 2008
  7. What planet is dowtrader living on. This is a nightmare. What are all the reports coming out about consumer spending. None optimistic that I see. What about 401ks etc. Whatever he's on he should market it.

#27     Oct 7, 2008
  8. Consumer CREDIT drops most in 10 yrs, just released.

How do you expect the consumer to "consume" w/o their precious credit (cards)??

Face it, economy is in serious trouble, if you are banking (no pun intended) on the consumer spending their way out of this, you're in for a serious wake up call.

#28     Oct 7, 2008

9. Fundamentals are NOT the key and haven't been the key for years. They have had nothing to do with stock prices in the last 15 years. It was easy credit that caused inflated assent bubbles and pushed prices up. The P/E of the SP500 still points to the fact that prices on stocks are still a complete rip-off.

#29     Oct 7, 2008
  10. Yesterdays DOW low (800 point intraday drop day) has now been violated....ouch! :eek:

#30     Oct 7, 2008