Dow 18000 year end target? Any takers?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myoffices, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Reminder, Grand_Super_Cycle is now trying to discredit the idea that he posted a "2012 Market Crash" thread where he said the crash will be worse then 2008.

He's clearly a pathological liar.

#11     Mar 27, 2012
  2. maler

maler

#12     Mar 27, 2012
  3. How about DOW 11k? Last year there where quite a few predictions for Dow 11k

#13     Mar 27, 2012
  4. My past post:
    08-11-11 03:51 AM
    Looking at the QQQ as an intraday trade. For the week this is gonna be a ride and a half. Get the Pepto Bismo tomorrow. Who makes Prilosec? QQQ Could be a winner if the program buyers step in. Uncertainty plus DC out on vacation. They left the house in a mess. Hope they clean up when things get back. No One wants to be blamed for a terrible economy but they will take credit for a great market when it happens. I think with a few trillions something good may happen.

DOW 12000 by years end maybe even 13000.

Only 2 months early on the last prediction. That was August of last year. Now with the market ready to roll and Obamacare about to be repealed Biz will return to normal. AIG which was the largest Govt trade returned 5 billion in unrealized profits. Citi, JPM, BAC and many stocks rise while the dow and S&P rise .

There are trillions on the side lines not to mention. 1 million new potential financial advisors coming home. What better resource for wallstreet than ex military. I may be early but 16000 is n sight.

Buy the book.

#14     Mar 27, 2012
  5. Perhaps you can be a good Samaritan and inform GSC that in modern times the indices has never done an outside yearly bar.

Note: Previous year highs were taken in the main indices.

#15     Mar 27, 2012
  6. Whats the targe for next year end?

#16     Mar 27, 2012
  7. HERE IS ANOTHER ONE

bank of America- Going Goin Gone- short to 3.5

10-03-11 05:39 PM
    With new fees in everything its only a matter of time before BofA implodes- $5 atm card fees, They also don't accept partial payments for their FHA mortgages which means a Class Action is looming soon for unfair business practices. Plus they return the payments and ding the credit of the borrowers when they do.

They are laying off a lot of workers- which means who stays and who goes means another round of Law suits for preferential treatments.
    More foreclosures are on the rise and they have tarnished many credit records of their clients with these tactics who are going back to the money under the mattress strategy.

Running a bank like a brokerage house is a quick way to get hit and once a bank goes out of favor its gone. The Moynihan approach is wrong for a bank and right for a brokerage firm. Im seeing a break up of all the assets where the parts are worth more than the whole. I think secretly Moynihan wants to return to Merrill Lynch and the good old elite days.

BofA is in trouble and I smell the stench. $1,940,069 is Moynihan's pay package. at Merrill that would have been his bonus package. source Business week:
    TOTAL COMPENSATION*
    Total Annual Cash Compensation $1,220,234
    Total Short Term Compensation $950,000
    Other Long Term Compensation $270,234
    Total Calculated Compensation $1,940,069

He wants this to be over- so he can get a real check-

#17     Mar 27, 2012
  8. He was being non-specific in that post, and I'm sure something like the rate of the drop (that never occured) would have been worse. I'm thinking he didn't mean for it to come off like that, but because he's irrational and doesn't know anything about reasonable basis, the rate the drop could take would have been worse rather than breaching the lows of 2009.

Incidentally, we won't ever go back to those lows.

#18     Mar 27, 2012
  9. It went down 20% right after BOZO- Then check the call at $5 to $9 Thats how you trade in and out or hold. If you want to quote quote the whole story. All the way down we stayed with it and when it turned we turned with it. Its real money here not Board credits- And if you state a trade close the position.

Here is where I closed the position: 01-28-12 03:10 PM
    Now WHAT!!!
    Trade of and trade on - PROOF -Where is it now- 9 as indicated. Trades shift and the short becomes a buy. Thats how you do it.

Check the charts and see the timing on the call. 6-5 5-9 Pure Luck !!!

#19     Mar 27, 2012
  10. #20     Mar 27, 2012