Dow 14000

Discussion in 'Trading' started by eagle488, Oct 24, 2006.

1. I agree it is monumental ignorance. Ignorance caused by a seeming lack of intellectual curiousity. Everything defaults to "It's Bushitler and the Jews manipulating the market." That's not a path that's going to lead to any useful market insight.

All these predictions of a crash....I was on the OTC desk for a major IB firm in October of '87. The market environment was nothing like it is now for all the reasons you detail in your post. Crashes don't just appear, you don't get a wipe out of billions or trillions in equity without a lot of conditions lining up just so. The people here predicting a crash have never experienced one. It takes more than downdraft in housing or a low savings rate.

Yes, stocks could sell off hard at any time, but that is always true. That's why we use basic sound money management, but trading your account in anticipation of something that has a 1 in 1,000 chance of happening is unwise, to say the least.

#41     Oct 25, 2006
  2. Arnie

Arnie

I agree with Mavco.....range bound market. Remember, all those baby boomers will be WITHDRAWING funds for their retirement, especially after the Democraps get elected and eliminate SS for anyone making over $40K a year. :D

#42     Oct 25, 2006
  3. Was there a particular thread that you wrote about it? I would be interested to read your take without going through all your posts.

tia

#43     Oct 25, 2006