Dow 14000

Discussion in 'Trading' started by eagle488, Oct 24, 2006.

1. balda

balda

I do not use fundamentals to trade but based just on this thread it sounds like perfect time to short Starbucks.

#31     Oct 25, 2006
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Here is a crazy idea. I know, I know, this is really whacky and I'll probably be discredited immediately for posting this but I don't care. Here it is. What if instead of the Dow going to 100k or going to zero, what if just flatlined?

I know, I know, this is pure crazy talk. I'm just saying, what if we go flat? Has any of our resident market geniuses thought of this possibility? Anyone? I simply don't understand why everyone has to take things to such extremes. Either we are going to have a strong, robust economy or we are headed for the great depression. Such myopic thinking on this thread by both the bulls and the bears.

Wake up guys, we could be range bound for another 10 years. Get use to it.

#32     Oct 25, 2006
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

And furthermore, let me remind you market historians here that between 1966 and 1982 this market was completely unched. That's right, at the height of the Vietnam war, with interest rates at 18%, with gold at $850 an ounce, with gas lines 3 blocks long, with our entire air traffic control system on strike under Jimmy Carter, the Iran Hostage mess, 15% unemployment, all of that mess, all of it, and this mkt was flat for 16 years.

Just chew on that for awhile and then get back to me before you spew this doom and gloom crap. You know something occurred to me earlier. Most of the people posting on ET seem to be very young. And they don't remember all the things this country has been through because they have it so easy now. An emergency for our young people today is when their cell phone batteries go dead and their i-pods break. You guys don't remember all the shit this market has survived through. This is why you think $80 oil or a housing market collapse is going to be the end of the world. You simply do not know any better. I guess I can't blame you. It's pure ignorance.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention the massacre at the 1972 Olympics in Munich, Germany. Oh yeah and the resignation of a US President, taking the US dollar of the Gold standard. I could go on and on and on.....

#33     Oct 25, 2006
  4. Maverick74.....I don't think the market will ever trade flat again. The reason?

The Internet and being able to trade with a click of a mouse.

#34     Oct 25, 2006
    #35     Oct 25, 2006
  6. i did some detailed research on housing related employment growth over the past 3 yrs related to overall housing growth on all the cities covered by the housing futures, and its pretty scary that in most markets it resulted in a net of +50% of the jobs and in a few it was all of the net jobs in the city:eek:

#36     Oct 25, 2006
  7. Mav , any history before 82 is irrelevant , IMO. 401k = forced money flow, its just a matter if another bubble market ( like real estate) exists or not as an alternative to equity markets.

#37     Oct 25, 2006
  8. That is an excellent chart.

#38     Oct 25, 2006
  9. good post Mav.................& accurate.

#39     Oct 25, 2006
  10. good chart. i have posted extensively on this subject previously.

FWIW, India and China look to be in the vertical portion of that chart these days.

#40     Oct 25, 2006