Dow 12,000

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Mar 21, 2007.

1. dhpar

dhpar

very likely i am speaking longer term than you.
    i did not like the statement at all - US economy needs confident tone from fed especially because of its dependence on foreigner capital inflows. Statement like that undermines price stability, long term yields, dollar and reduces US wealth.
    If you watched the action in Tsy today it was extremely awkward - 30y bond ended up down in fact (with 1y ED up 10bps!) this may ultimately bring the long awaited sell off in bonds - ironically when Fed is removing tightening bias (if explicitly only) from the statement. with equities i am still a bit bullish - huge pile of money and inflation environment raises value of everything after all (bar cash and debt...). Short term we may be due for some calm down - note how asia struggles make it higher in the past 2 hours.

#11     Mar 21, 2007
  2. I don't know bout' loose...but losing is kin' to me....

#12     Mar 21, 2007
  3. Didn't do too good in the Super Bowl.

Hmm...revenge. In markets.

#13     Mar 21, 2007
  4. im just trading the daily momentum but I 100% believe we will test the lows one more time.

Nostrodamus says we will test the 68% fibs and possibly the previous highs..people will get spooked and start selling..then the snowball will take over

If someone can show me a precendant for a correction ending like this I would love to see it.

#14     Mar 22, 2007
  5. dhpar

dhpar

I presume you did the opposite to what I was suggesting. One thing I learned here is that there are a lot of clueless people - which is great for future of trading :D

don't worry - it will get better for you :(

#15     Mar 22, 2007
  6. Dude, you've already posted 12 times today and it is only 1PM Eastern time. You can stop now. Tell Baron you're done for the day!

:D

#16     Mar 22, 2007
  7. all up from here

#17     Mar 22, 2007
  8. dhpar

dhpar

for me bonds matter :D

#18     Mar 22, 2007
  9. I posted 18 times, and Baron said keep up the good work.

The more people that visit this site, the more it's worth. :cool:

Valero is clicking nicely, but most everything else is a fade.

#19     Mar 22, 2007
  10. Hey S2007S just a heads up the title of the thread, it got mashed up- it's supposed to say DOW 13,000 right? My god man we're just now after all the BS at BREAKEVEN> We haven't gone anywhere since Jan. Can we get a good 18% over the starting line before you knock us back 10%?
    ~stoney

#20     Mar 22, 2007