Dow < 1000?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by nitro, Jul 4, 2010.

Will the DOW see < 1000 soon?

1. Yes. The world is in deep trouble

19 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. No. Precter has been predicting the end of the world for years. When the sun nova, he will finally b

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I don't know

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. I don't care. I bought a gun and lots of canned soup.

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. 1) 12-5-2-4.
    2) Is that "real cash" or bogus "cash equivalents"? :confused: :eek: :(

#11     Jul 5, 2010
  2. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

.com era was 'responsible' for an unsustainable growth, crash delayed by low IRs & QE. Once IRs start going up markets will fall, hyperinflation may reverse the fall. But hyperinflation will most likely result in at at least some sort of massive civil unrest, posibly a war. Taught by history governments will try to prevent it. But that means higher IRs & with diminished apetite for risk growth will most definetely be unrealistic. I am not certain about Japan's historical situation regarding deficit, but how can US meet its maturing obligations with revenues down? Some talk about a global reset button, who knows. My view is that unless there will be some sort of reset, then stock markets will fall followed by bonds & USD, unless we come up with another .com type invention that will bring back optimism to the financial markets.

#12     Jul 5, 2010
  3. #13     Jul 5, 2010
  4. piezoe

piezoe

What kind of a nutso link is that?

Yes, religious fundamentalists are trying to destroy the US economy and its markets. But that's not news. They have been saying for years now that that is their goal. They did succeed in leveraging a few hundred thousand dollars into, at the very minimum, 4 trillion dollars cost to US taxpayers. Their tiny investment has paid mighty returns. But they are a long way from their ultimate goal of completely destroying the US economy and its markets.

What is both sad and pathetic is that the terrorists would have succeeded to a much lesser extent had he US response not been so unbelievably stupid. I mean how stupid is invading Iraq after being attacked by a bunch of Saudi fundamentalists?! The whole idea that you can go after religious fundamentalists and eliminate them with conventional armies is absurd. Then too, equally absurd are the billions wasted at airports, to say nothing of all the cosmetics and Swiss pocket knives that have been confiscated and time the wasted, when all that was needed was to reinforce cockpit doors and a few other simple precautions. When will the US learn you can't stop everyone who is willing to sacrifice their own life to create havoc no matter how much money you spend on tanks, helicopters, and uniformed dolts at airports. At best, you can only force would-be terrorists to choose other targets and be more creative. There is only one effective defense against terrorism, and that is to treat others in a way that gives them no reason to hate you. When US Corporations persuade the US government to intervene in the affairs of another country, for example by ordering the CIA to kill an elected leader so that another person more sympathetic to US Corporate interests can be installed, THAT is Not helpful if you are concerned about terrorism.

Never underestimate how dangerous a combination of religion and ignorance can be.

#14     Jul 5, 2010
  5. They know!

#15     Jul 5, 2010
  6. Has everyone forgotten May 6, 2010 already? It was a harbinger of things to come.

#16     Jul 5, 2010
  7. NoDoji

NoDoji

Best non-trading post I've ever read on ET.

#17     Jul 6, 2010

8. It is quite clear that an occupation force in the mideast was the primary motive. Public fell for the excuse (remember Powell's speech). US strategic interests plain and simple whether we agree or not.

#18     Jul 6, 2010