doubledown (traders monthly) done.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by gaj, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Not really, after all he's still Tim Sykes.

“These are unprecedented times,” president Randall Lane wrote in an e-mail to staffers late Monday night. “The combination of the media depression, the Wall Street implosion and the credit slowdown were collectively too much for our company—probably any company in our shoes—to overcome.”

Well mailing the damn thing to me for free every month(s) probably didn't help either. :D

#11     Feb 3, 2009
  2. http://timothysykes.com/2009/02/03/...t-the-end-theres-possible-fraud-involved-too/

Trader Monthly Shut Down, But This Isn’t The End, There’s Possible Fraud Involved Too!
    Posted by Timothy Sykes on Tue 3rd of Feb, 2009 03:32:36 PM Tags:
    Breakdowns

Stock Obituaries
    Email This Post
    After several months of barely existing on fumes, we learn today from a leaked internal memo that as of now Doubledown Media aka Trader Monthly has officially shut down.

This is the editor-in-chief’s memo explaining the closure:

“These are unprecedented times,” president Randall Lane wrote in an e-mail to staffers late Monday. “The combination of the media depression, the Wall Street implosion and the credit slowdown were collectively too much for our company—probably any company in our shoes—to overcome.”

Remember, their editor-in-chief, now proud publisher of not just one but two bankrupt publishing companies, Randall Lane is one sick twisted son of a bitch and as I wrote they were flat broke in the summer of 2008, long before any difficult market environment, so the above memo is a blatant lie.

You can see in another leaked memo, the company lost $3 million on $12 million in revenues in 2008, after similar losses in 2007…verry Digg-like, verrrry pathetic! (how is it that it’s only taken me a 1.5 years to be nearing $1 million in annual profits and these guys had all this funding/time and failed so miserably?!?!)

And from a few sources, I’m hearing the story is actually worse because Doubledown apparently sold the advertising for the December-January issue that was never shipped out to some factoring company…uhhhh, factoring company might be a little mad…as in that’s fraud mad. As in “have fun in jail, don’t drop the soap Randy” FRAUD.

http://timothysykes.com/2009/02/03/...t-the-end-theres-possible-fraud-involved-too/

#12     Feb 3, 2009
  3. Here's some horseshit they flung at the New York times just last March.

damn.

"To most people, there seems to be little to celebrate in either the financial markets or magazine publishing. But Doubledown Media, which publishes Trader Monthly and other magazines for the wealthy, says that its business is largely immune to the problems, as are its readers and advertisers.

“We’re seeing very rapid growth, and a lot of it is driven by marketing partners who are extremely keen to reach a very targeted audience,” said Randall Lane, Doubledown’s president. “A lot of media traditionally have these large shotguns, and we’ve got these high-powered rifles.”

-----------------------------------------
    So much for that. More like you got old fashioned reality buckshot up yer butts.

#14     Feb 4, 2009

4. There is much to learn from the kid. Sykes makes more money than trader magazine. I think Sykes makes more than ET for that matter.

#15     Feb 4, 2009
  5. Doubledown

the name implied it will down!:D :D

#16     Feb 8, 2009
  6. Arnie

Arnie

I just got a new issue today
    :confused:

I knew this mag was full of it when one of their "30 Under 30" described his "best" trade of the year.

I'm paraphrasing, but here goes.

This guy put on a large currency trade, then went on a vacation where he was out of touch....could not be reached. The trade went way against him, no one at his firm could contact him. By the time he returned, the trade had gone in his favor.

Now that's a trading plan! :D :D

#17     Feb 8, 2009