Double Strategy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BDGBDG, Oct 28, 2006.

1. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

Is it possible to be successful in two distinct strategies. For example, can someone be a successful futures scalper and a successful momentum trader ,etc.

2. i use 3-4 strategies where i am decent, not really good but on me way to become good.
    do very well on openin' range and momo trades but i also position trade intraday and longer term. can't scalp meself outta paperbag tho...wud luv to find a mentor that pushes me to learn how to scalp...

3. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

Umm, kind of like a mentor, has some really good advice:

http://www.samseiden.com

4. that's useless, i know more or less what i have to do, just need some1 to push me, 1-to-1.

5. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

useless as doesnt work or you already know the stuff

6. useless as it is too vague as everythin' u find on the net. all that stuff is basic and for the most part a given and often not applicable to real life situations. if u wanna learn a strategy u either work it out on your own or get a mentor that can put up the effort and follow u in real time rth session. no 2ways about it.

7. Most people focus on strategy, rather than how to use the strategy.

If I had a Formula I car, does that mean I can win a Grand Prix?
    I believe this is the same idea.

Harry

8. andread

andread

wait a second. You have quite some experience, don't you? And you don't consider yourself really good in at least one strategy?
    Wow

9. i know how much i could really squeeze out of those openin' range breakouts and full session trends...in thoery there is nothin' stoppin' me or anyone else aware of the open dynamics from buyin'/sellin' every tick on the way up/down but the limited size of the account.

10. andread

andread

that doesn't make you less good, unless you measure how good you are based on how much you make

#10     Oct 29, 2006