double standard - bodies of saddam's sons

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Jul 23, 2003.

1. as an american (i think you are), it's easy for you to have that opinion. however, if you were from that part of the world, you might very well think some of the same things they do. if you were raised to not trust the american government and everyone else around you didn't either, it's easy to be that way. they probably know about our movies and think it could be special effects. i totally believe the photos are real, but we could definitely make good fake photos if we wanted to.

#51     Jul 24, 2003
  2. did you believe saddam when he said Iraq was complying?

#52     Jul 24, 2003
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Yup, I am a second generation American.
    My Dad is from England and it is the same thing there. We do trust the powers that be to tell us the truth. Him even more so than I. We trusted our government to tell us Saddam was not complying. Democracies have so many checks and balances built in.....that we do get the truth(at least eventually!)

Guess that is a trait for people from democratic nations. Silly me.

#53     Jul 24, 2003
  4. Reads like too much rum in your belly

#54     Jul 24, 2003
  5. shut up, gordon.....just blow your lousy last 2k and get lost with your busom buddy pebbles

#55     Jul 24, 2003
  6. taodr

taodr

#56     Jul 24, 2003
  7. The reason the government protested the showing of the dead Americans was that in many instances the soldiers families would have not been notified yet. That was the reason. Remember, this was all happening basically in realtime. "Death-On-The-Fly" if you will. To see your loved one being spit upon and dragged through the streets before you're notified that they're dead is a valid argument, IMHO.

Somehow I don't think Saddam was in the dark on that one. :)

#57     Jul 24, 2003
  8. i'm not going anywhere. i'll be around longer than you, bitch.

i noticed your last 3 consecutive messages in over a month are all insults to me. talk to me like that with your other name, you pathetic internet pussy.

congratulations, you're the first person on my ignore list.

#58     Jul 24, 2003
  9. Great -- we now have vivid pictures of two dead people circulating the television and internet. They're DEAD. Alright now, what about Saddam? What about Osama? The only thing I see here is more rage, hatred and anger being brewed on both sides.

This shit will never end in my lifetime. Just two angry forces going back and forth until someone drops the "bomb."

There is no winner, here. This is just sad. We're televising death and destruction worldwide -- it doesn't matter that THEY are the enemy.

We've got young kids my age dying every day in Iraq. Every time I wake up and go to CNN.com, I read about another young soldier that got killed by a grenade attack or rocket launcher. You know what? I'm sick of the bullshit. I hope our government has a clear and decisive plan to get this "reconstruction" underway. Instead of Saddam torturing the populace over there, the populace is now torturing our soldiers.

This is bullshit. While I wake up in a nice cozy bed and drive to work, someone else my age who is just like me is getting shot up -- and for what reason? I want to know the reasons why. I'm really fed up with reading about YOUNG kids MY age getting killed on a daily basis.

What about the rest over there? What kind of moral can they keep with the psychological torment that they or someone they know is going to get killed?

You know, I'm probably not mature enough to understand that people must die -- but I don't care. I'm feeling really bad about this. Some mom isn't going to see her kid ever again. There's a newly devastated family every morning and I'm SICK of the ENTIRE situation.

Shit or get off the pot. Let's get some local leaders we can trust and get them in power and get our boys out so we can repeat this entire thing 2 or 3 decades from now.

#59     Jul 24, 2003
  10. Hmm, let's see if I can edit this a bit here:

Great -- we now have vivid pictures of two dead people circulating the television and internet. They're DEAD. Alright now, what about Saddam (the Crips)? What about Osama(the Bloods)? The only thing I see here is more rage, hatred and anger being brewed on both sides.

This shit will never end in my lifetime. Just two angry forces going back and forth until someone drops the "bomb."

We've got young kids (scratch "my age") dying every day in Iraq (the Inner City). Every time I wake up and go to CNN.com, I read about another young soldier (kid) that got killed by a grenade (in a driveby) attack (Scratch "or rocket launcher"). You know what? I'm sick of the bullshit. I hope our government has a clear and decisive plan to get this "reconstruction" (school renovation and budget increase) underway. Instead of Saddam (gangs) torturing the populace over there (here), the populace is (residents are ) now torturing our soldiers (police officers).

This is bullshit. While I wake up in a nice cozy bed and drive to work, someone else my age who is just like me is getting shot up -- and for what reason? I want to know the reasons why. I'm really fed up with reading about YOUNG kids MY age getting killed on a daily basis.

What about the rest over there (of the youth)? What kind of moral can they keep with the psychological torment that they or someone they know is going to get killed?

You know, I'm probably not mature enough to understand that people must die -- but I don't care. I'm feeling really bad about this. Some mom isn't going to see her kid ever again. There's a newly devastated family every morning and I'm SICK of the ENTIRE situation.

Shit or get off the pot. Let's get some local leaders we can trust and get them in power and get our boys out so we can repeat this entire thing 2 or 3 decades from now.
    ----------------------------------

What I am saying is that the same outrage can also be tailored to fit the American conditions of the inner cities just as it can fit over there. Yet I do not hear you saying that. We lose more kids to drug and gang activity than we are in the war. And yet I do not hear your outrage and disgust nor do I see you clamoring for a changing of the political landscape to help the matter. And this situation IS within the boarders and able to affect your daily life too. More so than Iraq!

Don't feel that you are being hammered here. Most of the folks over there are not ALL pissed and wanting you or the soldiers killed. Don't get yourself worked up over the media coverage. You know how that game works just like I do. I have been at some protests and seen a crowd of 70 or 80 folks quietly making a statement. And then I have watched the same story covered on the nightly news and wondered where they got that huge mob of folks from.

I've been at the Jesse Jackson rallies where the crowd gets there for the cameras and then leaves as the trucks pull away. It's all about the effects and the image. Wasn't it Heraldo in Afghanistan who staged a raid for the camera crew? So, take with just a grain of salt what you hear from both sides of the political isle as well as the nightly news coverage. They ALL have agendas. :)

#60     Jul 25, 2003