Double my money (forex)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by mr double, Feb 11, 2006.

1. No I won't.... I understand UPFRONT...can you explain the doubling query that I had please?

Is it 50k a month or a redoubling that is calculated each month?

Is a month a 30 day period or a calender month?

Thank you for your patience.

#41     Feb 12, 2006
  2. now ,in 20 min ,i am going to open all these positions

#42     Feb 12, 2006
  3. Going to execute what positions. First you say "will sell at open today gbp/chf,usd/chf,usd/jpy
    buy at open eur/usd,gbp/usd." Which is esentially the same as buying 2 CHF, 1 JPY, 1 EUR, and selling the dollar 4 times. Oh yeah, and buying and selling the GBP simultaneously. You could get the same position much cheaper (less commissions, less bid ask spread expense).

Then you list your orders which are totally different. After sorting through your trades (and assuming they all get filled) and canceling out buys and sells, (obviously a little bit simplified because the ratios would be a little different) you end up with the following position:
    Long USD 3 times, Long CHF twice, Long EUR twice, Short GBP 3 times, Short JPY 4 times.

So, you started out by saying you were going to be completely short the dollar, and you end up being long the dollar and short almost everthing else (except CHF)

What position are you trying to put on? This makes no sense

#43     Feb 12, 2006
  4. if i had my 50 -500,000k ,i would be trading 1-3 position at any given time,5% each,carefully selecting price of enty,without any goal to double every month

#44     Feb 12, 2006
  5. I think this is more of a language barrier...

Thank you for enduring us...

When you get entered just name your pairs and entry price thanks..

May I ask questions along the way?

Michael B.

#45     Feb 12, 2006
  6. What position are you trying to put on? This makes no sense

it makes to me

#46     Feb 12, 2006
  7. This is your Journal Mr Double Thanks...Hang in there and try to call your trades :)

I don't want to make you nervous, but you are archiving your trades in front of hundreds...now and maybe thousands to come...

Good Trading to you...

#47     Feb 12, 2006
  8. I would simplify things and not deal with cross currencies. Only trade:

EUR/USD
    GBP/USD
    USD/CAD
    USD/JPY
    USD/CHF
    AUD/USD
    NZD/USD

#48     Feb 12, 2006
  9. just opened