Double Moving Average line level setup!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by exce26, Dec 18, 2001.

1. exce26

exce26

What is the best accurate double MA line set up for 1 min chart?
    To use it as in & out signal....:)

2. Don't even bother about trying anything like this for NYSE trading!

3. dozu888

dozu888

don't even bother trying this for any market !

4. i have a friend that uses the 8ma and the 13ma on the 5 minuite chart to help time exits.. also, robert deel suggests the 7ema and 17ema on the 5 min to use for exit signals.. i have heard of people using dual ma's for entry but i dont know of anyone who uses that strategy..

-qwik

5. action

action

Agree with above statements. It is not any way to try to trade anything.:p :)

6. dottom

dottom

MA's can be useful in timing entries and/or exits, but you should have other reasons for taking a trade (e.g. something that tells you a high probability of an extended move in a certain direction). Trading MA crossovers solely is a loser's game as you will always be lagging the market.

7. My 2 cents is that using a 1 min chart exposes the trader to too much noise. Try using a 3-min chart, compare it with a 1-min underneath and you may discover that the 3-min chart keeps you out of many headfakes and false moves.

Pej

8. The only thing bloody moving averages are good for is smoothing data, I find most indicators are useless.

Stochastic telling you a stock is overbought/oversold compared to recent volatility; you can see that by looking at the chart anyway I mean come on!!

When I was new to the market I used indictors but that was only because I didn’t know how to read the chart.

:D

9. exce26

exce26

Dear qwiktrade!
    Who is Robert Deel ?
    :)

10. robert deel is the author of "The Strategic Electronic Day Trader".. also has a trading school - www.tradingschool.com.. otherwise, i dont know much about him..

-qwik

#10     Dec 19, 2001