DOUBLE inverse ETFs

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by dac8555, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Surdo

Surdo

"it looks like they are not exact...but i dont think the QQQQ is exactly the same as the $COMPX if you were to do a chart overlay. little divergences here and there."

The QQQQ is the Nasdaq 100 index comprised of 100 Tech stocks.
    The $compx is 3000 stocks including Non tech issues that trade on Nasdaq.

They are not 100% correlated.

#11     Jul 27, 2006
  2. I'm enjoying the ride, but I still don't have a good cusion below me on the QID to get out of my hedge....The Nasdaq 100 just has to go up 1.25% and I break even, So today I bought 2000 Aug 37 calls at .525 (average price) (Cost $105,000.00).....Net $83,000 on the QID position so far and -$5,000 on the hedge....In case we have another one of those 20+ points on the S&P kind of day....It's by no means a perfect hedge, but it was timed pretty good so far and I get a little vega position as well....

I had a good amount of help today from the heavy wieghts..The 10 Largest Market Caps...MSFT, GOOG, CSCO, INTC, AMGN, ORCL, QCOM, AAPL.......These 8 were in the RED

Only these 2 were in the Green....CMCSA(#7), ERICY(#10)

I recently got out of my DXQSX fund which shorts the QQQQ at 2.5%, but the QID will have to do.....It grossed over 2 MM in less than 2 Months...

A Tech Rally could be painful!!!!!

Wish me luck....

$COSTAverageMAN

#12     Jul 27, 2006
  3. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Hedge with options is expensive. Why you need to hedge QID? You can always exit QID.

#13     Jul 27, 2006
  4. $COSTAverageMAN -- your position in QID is quite large. Is it your intention or have you thought about arbitraging the NAV vs. market price?

July 27 close UltraShort QQQ QID
    NAV $75.26
    Market $75.40

Theoretically one could purchase creation units at $75.26 and then sell at market at $75.40. But I have no clue if this can realistically done in practice.

#14     Jul 28, 2006
  5. The bid/ask spread is very large on these. Is there any way to calculate how they are valued intraday compared to QQQQ? I see the NAV vs market posting but where did that value come from?

#15     Aug 1, 2006
  6. the spread wont stay wide for long if these things get any volume b/c market makers wills start to arb them against futs, opts, other etfs, and baskets.

Then they might be interesting to trade. Right now there's a little too much spread and slip for my tastes.

#16     Aug 1, 2006