Double Butterfly spread

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by cdcaveman, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Sorry, I was on my work computer and your screenshot didn't load lol. Just saw there was one

#11     Aug 18, 2015
  2. the commissions as i have stated round trip at IB are 36.96 or .03695... Roughly 4 cents... So if you entered this spread at -.13 your breakeven would be -.09305.. but sense this trades in increments of .01 .. i rounded up to a 4 cent round trip... I do believe you can make this... but i'm not sure the single fly wouldn't accomplish the same thing.. I'll do some analysis in the coming weeks... I was asking if anyone else had experience with this

#12     Aug 18, 2015
  3. [​IMG]

This shows the slight kink in june that i'm trying to isolate ....

#13     Aug 19, 2015
  4. by the way guys... I did put those kmn flys on at -.12 and -.13 ... I closed them at -.07 for profit... i haven't looked at the double flys to see how well they faired... but i was also told that it would be hard to get filled on those in crude without an autospreader..

#14     Sep 1, 2015
  5. Guile

Guile

Nice.

#15     Sep 1, 2015
  6. Anyone on here have experience trading double flys on TT?

#16     Sep 1, 2015
  7. so just as a reference... KMN has reverted back from -.07 by -.08 to -.10 by -.09 before i could get a quote from KMNQ double fly... KMNQ is trading at mid of -.08 right now.. so i imagine with a my commissions being .04 cents for a round trip i could have gotten more then that for the double fly spread when i sold the kmn fly for -.07 ... I still really haven't heard from anyone with experience trading these...
    I'm guessing the KMNQ structure is slower and liquidity has to come to Q for it to start to stablize... any ideas?

#17     Sep 2, 2015
  8. bone

bone

Double butterflys are indeed exchange supported spreads - at least for CME.

#18     Sep 2, 2015
    cdcaveman likes this.
  9. Does that mean I need to route my order on IB ?

#19     Sep 2, 2015
  10. Bone how do you keep quotes on these things.. i'm on IB and the things are flashing all the time

#20     Sep 3, 2015