Doomsday warnings of US apocalypse gain ground

Discussion in 'Economics' started by DrPepper, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Bob111

Bob111

and boy oh boy...you should see those immigrants..there is no white people in the line into INS office. not even one...mostly indians,pakistanis old grandmas,wearing sandals with those ugly nails sticking out...they can probably climb on electric poles using those...in that line probably 1 out of 10 or even 20 will work and produce something and pay taxes..the rest will be on US gvt support..enjoying free food,shelter,education,child care expenses,health care and even some cash to play with...

#11     Sep 14, 2010
  2. ANY TAXPAYER EXPENSE is justified... so long as they vote for the Democrats!

:mad:

#12     Sep 14, 2010
  3. emg

emg

doomsday is coming! my forecast shows SP 500 bottom around 450-550 before spring 2011

#13     Sep 14, 2010
  4. dont need an economic shock, a terrorist shock will do.

They just blow up some building somewhere and the domino effect will take place

#14     Sep 14, 2010
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

There will be no apocalypse or doomsday any time soon (within 20 years), barring some major environmental disaster or some terrible terrorist act with WMD.

And there will be no revolution from within country, as they only happen when major part of population is extremely miserable.

Bunch of you act like kids, when would you really understand there is no major difference between either side.

#15     Sep 14, 2010
  6. I hope you're right.

I believe you have your optimistic head-up-your-ass, but I still hope you're right. :D

Our budget deficit projections are for $1T/yr as far as the eye can see. Will the world continue to (a) lend us those amounts of money to spend on buying political votes, and (b) let us get away with it for that long? Doubt it.

#16     Sep 14, 2010
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

I am not just optimistic, I studied for some time causes for empire collapses and revolutions.

#17     Sep 14, 2010
  8. So... you agree, "it's inevitable"... just a matter of how long we survive in this present, "borrow and spend... then lie about its effects" mode?

#18     Sep 14, 2010
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

I can't forecast that, but have been buying LEAPS puts during this little "rally."

#19     Sep 14, 2010
  10. RedDuke

RedDuke

Yes it is possible, if the present course is not changed. But these things take a very long time. Plus, there could be various events and/or inventions that might change everything.

There is an old saying that goes like something, if you owe a bank $5K, than the bank owns you. But if you owe bank 5 mil, than you own the bank.

In certain situations, it is much better to be a debtor rather than creditor.

#20     Sep 14, 2010