Doomsday: How BP Gulf disaster may have triggered a 'world-killing' event

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by THE-BEAKER, Jul 15, 2010.

1. nitro

nitro

2. the1

the1

Yeah, that's a real bummer ain't it? I think I'm gonna go smoke that fat joint I've saving for later :D

#42     Jul 15, 2010
  3. joe4422

joe4422

I believe you've never read the bible.

#43     Jul 16, 2010
  4. This thread reminds me of the time when I was a senior in college and majoring in physics and math. I had a math teaching job at the local high school in the afternoon. Every day at the end of the class I would talk a little bit about science. The day that I remember best is when I started talking about the theory of the heat death of the universe which was taught in thermodynamics.

The theory is that the universe will get colder and colder as time goes by until all life will cease. A boy stood up and reminded me that the bible said the earth would be destroyed by fire and I assured him that the heat death theory didn't rule that out.

That night I got a call at home from the principal who had been getting calls from irate parents all afternoon and he asked me to never discuss anything in class that contradicted the bible.:D

#44     Jul 16, 2010
  5. well technically, when the Sun goes Nova, the Earth will be consumed by"fire" along with other inner planets...

#45     Jul 16, 2010
  6. dtan1e

dtan1e

consumed by fire may not be so improbable, considering humans might try to nuclear each other out, all u need is a trigger

#46     Jul 16, 2010
  7. piezoe

piezoe

It's odorless.

#47     Jul 16, 2010
  8. auspiv

auspiv

Not sure if you guys missed the news, but the spill is totally stopped for now.

#48     Jul 17, 2010
  9. nitro

nitro

#49     Jul 18, 2010
  10. Amen!

#50     Jul 18, 2010