Doom and gloom and I am marooned

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by HedgefundTrader2, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Serious post, actually: This would have been a PM, but the option doesn't come up under your name.

Since you mentioned the depression + weak immune system combo, I have to ask: Do at least 4 out of the 5 traits listed below apply to you?

A) Hypersensitivity/sensory defensiveness- This could be hypersensitivity to touch, sound, light, temperature, etc. You're easily made uncomfortable by slight disturbances in your surroundings.
    B) Weak immune system- You don't know of anyone who catches nasty colds as often as you do. Perhaps you were even diagnosed with an autoimmune condition or two.
    C) You've never in your life experienced the so-called 'runner's high'.
    D) You're easy to bring to tears, or at least you were that way through your teenage years.
    E) Pollen allergy/Hay fever- This often comes with a chronic runny nose and possibly other allergies as well.

If you happen to meet four or more of these criteria, www.ProhibitionKills.com will solve some of your life-long mysteries. If not, never mind and forget I said anything.

#11     Jan 29, 2008

2. IF you come to the market with a positive attitude you will do well. If you come with a negative attitude and pissed or depressed you are bound to fail. This is whats happening to most people. They are scared to death about events that have not materialized. What if this , what if that and pretty soon you go ape S*hit.

If I am not feeling up to it I lay off trading and not lose money.

#12     Jan 29, 2008
  3. No wonder I am so right. Here is link to " Consumer confidence drops"

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080129/economy.html

#13     Jan 29, 2008
  4. Here is an example if you are not careful how to evaluate the contents of a Internet articles that change your mood and outlook. This guy is a permabear and when ever market gets lower he is dancing on the roofs. Since he owns a pen and ink well he can devastate lots of people, with a single stroke of pen.

The article is full of scary stories and failures and opinions, and fortune telling. When people try to predict something bad, take it with a grain of salt. It is with some ulterior motive and is NOT the truth. Always question writers inner motives, he is just as good as you are, when it comes to fronting an opinion:

"PAUL B. FARRELL
    A mind-blowing machine

In America, land of the bubbles, the next pop will be the biggest
    By Paul B. Farrell, MarketWatch
    Last update: 7:32 p.m. EST Jan. 28, 2008

ARROYO GRANDE, Calif. (MarketWatch) -- Three cheers! Wall Street's got a new rally song: "I'm dreaming dreams, I'm scheming schemes, I'm building castles high."
    Actually it's the 1919 tune that launched the roaring run-up to the '29 crash and the Great Depression. Remember the lyrics: "I'm forever blowing bubbles. Pretty bubbles in the air. They fly so high, nearly reach the sky. Then like my dreams they fade and die."

#14     Jan 29, 2008
  5. GGSAE

GGSAE

There's lots of traders making money in this environment and loving it, not everyone is running for the hills :)

#15     Jan 29, 2008
  6. balda

balda

This is for day7793 and long term investors.

look at 20 sma on a monthly chart.

S&P closed below it on 11-2000 at about 1300
    closed above on 7-2003 at 990
    close below 1422 on Thursday will be first close below 20 monthly sma since 7-2003
    which is 4.5 years - average bull run.

#16     Jan 29, 2008
  7. Speaking of which, I haven't seen increasenow in a few days.

#17     Jan 29, 2008

8. We shall see if you are right, We are already down 15% so whats anothe 10% ?

#18     Jan 29, 2008
  9. Gold chasing the fool. :)

#19     Jan 29, 2008
  10. Was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbor:eek:

#20     Jan 29, 2008