Don't you hate it when...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Magna

Magna Administrator

C'mon, be kind to our Candletrader, he adds to the intellectual diversity of ET. :) (hmmm, now where's that admissions policy....)

#21     Apr 2, 2003
  2. If they did this, then college campuses would be filled with asian-americans. So no fun, no wild parties, no college basketball, no "international" campus soccer matchs, just computer nerds bastard curve-busters on campus... eeww... and no one to tease because of his/her race... because everyone is asian... and who's going to bring the latin babes in...

not to mention the football team would look hilarious with those diminutive chinamen wearing football gear...

#22     Apr 2, 2003
  3. VOLUME

VOLUME

"but i really do get annoyed when people get mad because minority students have an edge in admissions."---Bungrider

Not as "annoyed" as the more qualified person who didn't get accepted because of affirmative action.

#23     Apr 2, 2003
  4. yep, i was the more qualified guy who didn't get in to the same places as my less-qualified (in my opinion, with regard to their test scores, GPA, rank, etc) minority classmates (when I applied to college).

and i was wrong.

if you don't like the policies of the university, apply somewhere else. there are schools that weigh race less. it's just that most of the "better" ones tend to weigh it more than there less competitive counterparts.

#24     Apr 2, 2003
  5. I'm not sure that you get it Bung -- it's unconstitutional to "weight it" at all.

#25     Apr 2, 2003
  6. Not according to the supreme court...:confused:

#26     Apr 2, 2003
  7. Is that the same one that decides who gets to be president?

#27     Apr 2, 2003
  8. No that was the Florida Supreme court...everyone always forgets that for some reason

#28     Apr 2, 2003