Don't Worry, The Sky Is Only Falling.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by bgp, Dec 14, 2007.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Yeah but a trillion isn't what it used to be... Jusk kidding, sorry.. 180 trillion, I've been wondering how really big the problem is... over centuries the fractional reserve system has created something like $1500 trillion, 180t is rather more than 10% of that total. The subprime derivatives will bring down the markets in general and the rest of the derivatives will fall as well... it's sort of an LTCM on a global scale.... should be interesting times, and I don't want to live in interesting times...

#21     Dec 14, 2007
  2. Then please forgive my off hand remark. I wish you well, and the best of luck with your treatment and recovery. I have spent so much time unprotected in the sun in my younger days (and my not-so-younger days) that I wonder when it will catch up with me.

#22     Dec 15, 2007
  3. Correct.

#23     Dec 15, 2007
  4. Gourmet ! :p

#24     Dec 15, 2007
  5. maxpi

maxpi

He knew what he was doing essentially. He had been trading for ~30 years by that time and had a brokerage just to keep his costs down. The Dow bottomed in 32 and ran up until 37 so he was a bottom fisher and caught a wave so it was his kind of market... Al Capone was net short in 29 :D possibly he saw the overleveraged market and knew that it had to do what a market had to do...

#25     Dec 15, 2007
  6. He gets paid to be bullish no matter what. Its good for ratings. World war 3 could break out and he'd be a bull (then again, might be good for the Econ come to think of it). During the Dotcom melt down, he was bullish. ALL THE WAY DOWN. My aunt lost 5 million believing in that idiot (outta control options). She believed everything he said.

The other day Jim Rodgers was on his show looking at him like he was insane.

Kudlow said:

Lower interest rates are good for the dollar cause it helps the econ. Did Kudlow go to college? yes the dollar has rallied, but only cause it is ridiculously oversold.

And, that higher oil insn't inflationary. Sure, if you do eat or drive. the Gov leaves these out of the equation.

He is a complete fucking joke.

Jay

#26     Dec 15, 2007
  7. Yes bro, but you don't trade direction, just volatility. These guys are worried about serious down movement. As am I.

Give it a month or two, and I bet we are MUCH lower. Buying will come in eventually. IF we don't go into recession (we will).

#27     Dec 15, 2007
  8. bgp

bgp

thanks for all the great posts.

bgp

#28     Dec 15, 2007