dont worry, shanghai at new record high...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Thing is.. if you put your money in Europe you got better returns (Dax was up 5% 1st quarter) plus currency profits via strong EUR.

If you bought the German Dax with USD you'd be up ~10% for the year. Not too bad compared to a measily ~2% in the Sp500.

#21     Apr 16, 2007
  2. The Germans are known for their efficiency

#22     Apr 16, 2007
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

S&P at a new yearly high. Remember all those posts about not buying it back when it was below 1400 one month ago? Kudos to those who did anyway. Those who were trying to short it on the way back up must be feelin' some pain...

#23     Apr 16, 2007
  4. To all who have been short
    [​IMG]
    :p

#24     Apr 16, 2007
  5. S2007S

S2007S

shanghai up another 2%, its on a huge winning streak, who knows how much higher the shanghai and other world markets can go before something really serious happens. Last June most emerging markets fell 20-30%, I think its time for another 20-40% correction, wont be fun when it does happen.

#25     Apr 16, 2007
  6. we already had our correction in Feb-march

there may be another one but I woudn't want to go short

so far no point fighting the trend unless you are very careful.

#26     Apr 16, 2007
  7. While I believe a down day or week has to occur, this market seems to have no direction but up. I won't get in front of this train.

#27     Apr 16, 2007
  8. dtan1e

dtan1e

what i notice abt the chinese markets are that they will inch their way up slowly but steadily like a turtle then one fine day drop like a stone

#28     Apr 16, 2007
  9. Mvic

Mvic

This is very bullish for gold. In cases like Shanghai and Zimbabwe and others where the prices are being driven by limited supply of investment opportunities and demand from both hot money and dometic buying at some point people will either lose confidence in the domestic market (in the case of a crash) or will just not be able to buy because it is too expensive. The alternative will be gold and more and more, especially if we see confidence draining implosions of these markets, it will be the only alternative for these captive domestic buyers.

#29     Apr 16, 2007
  10. kashirin

kashirin

you're wrong here. nowdays US market pumped by Saudis, Russians, Chinese, English etc.

If it was closed we would be 70% lower

#30     Apr 16, 2007