Don't watch CNBC, watch CNN!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Don't watch TV! =)

#11     Sep 25, 2008
  2. None of the news stations "suck" - but it makes people feel good to say so. They all launder the same stories.

#12     Sep 25, 2008
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

Days of our lives.....

#13     Sep 25, 2008
  4. ninety

ninety

I have been watching BLOOMBERG exclusively and have profitedd from it!

#14     Sep 25, 2008
  5. FAUX NEWS that is..............

#15     Sep 28, 2008
  6. Yeah that's an excellent idea, stand aside and watch price to see how traders reacted to the news, much better than being one of them :p

#16     Sep 28, 2008
  7. i've brought this up in an earlier thread, but cnbc breaks news, they have broken mergers, the bail out package. for example DJ bought by NWS, 20 point move. chuck broke the rtc last thursday, 500 point dow move. its annoying most of the time, but for the time it works its as good as bloomberg

#17     Sep 28, 2008
  8. neuronic

neuronic

I find any of the major networks, when used in conjunction with other sources, are a great place to gauge market sentiment when you consider that a lot of people, albeit not big money, are swayed by what the commentators care about at any particular moment. Just an extra little tidbit to have swirling somewhere in the back of your consciousness. During trading hours however i've found any news, even in print, to be very distracting and a negative influence on decisiveness.

#18     Sep 28, 2008
  9. Bootsie

Bootsie

Yep

:D

C'mon, Fox is a joke... I mean, TMZ is more interesting.

CNBC - I'd love to take a brick upside Larry Kudlow's head.

B

#19     Sep 28, 2008
  10. I hate CNBC ppuppets.

#20     Sep 28, 2008