Don't waste your money

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by seanc, Mar 5, 2007.

1. JohnTrading

JohnTrading Guest

q827, have you personally tried the methods you are talking about? i can assure you that what you are saying does not work, and does not make any difference in Tradency because those systems don't continue to behave the same, the most successful systems do not remain successful, and the bad systems do not necessarily stay this way, which brings us to two questions:

1- Are those systems mechanical or discretionary?

2- What is the validity and correctness of the historical performance listed by Tradency? Maybe they make unprofitable systems appear profitable by removing big losers from the record?

#21     Nov 20, 2007
  2. #22     Nov 23, 2007
  3. Surdo

Surdo

TradEStar please stop spamming this board.

#23     Nov 23, 2007
  4. Prove it or retract it LOSER! I am trying to find out about their systems from current users..so beat it and take your losing attitude to the Traders Laboratory!!! :eek:

#24     Nov 23, 2007
  5. q827

q827

I wouldn't pay for any course. It's too easy to learn stuff on your own.

#25     Nov 23, 2007
  6. I agree..I have just built my own system that I will be using for Forex. I guess what seems odd to me, is the Solomon FX ATS systems DO NOT have stops in place at the entry of the position (this seems insane imo). Is this common with all these Forex ATS systems to NOT have a fixed stop in place???

#26     Nov 23, 2007
  7. Pocketjacks

Pocketjacks Guest

I think you should avoid trading at all costs because it appears you don't know anything about proper money management. I had to lose a lot of money myself to find this out but have been making some of it back using this program. Since I don't have any time to analyze charts and make correct trading decisions, I have left it into the hands of the system provided by this program and have been very happy since. All I did was follow the guidelines in the user guide (old windows version) and spent hours analyzing the various systems until I chose a couple I liked. The ability to make money using this program is quite apparant you simply have to be willing to have a clear head when it comes to managing your money to succeed.

#27     Nov 29, 2007
  8. I am a C2 fan, but they are not an automatic solution for people disgruntled with any particular system service. Bad/inexperienced traders can lose money everywhere

#29     Dec 11, 2007
  9. fx-auto

fx-auto ET Sponsor

Hello,
    This is true, depending on your leverage if you hit a drawdown in a winning system it can leave the client disgruntled and exit the portfolio prematurely without realising the true performance effect of a system over a longer timeframe.

Client misconceptions about Forex leads them to believe every signal should be winning trade.
    This is a good reason why novice traders should at least choose a system that has high win % (75%+), even though a system with 40% winners may be more profitable at least they do not get dejected after a string of losing trades and pulling out before hitting the home run.

#30     Dec 11, 2007