Don't want to reinvent wheel

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by zorak, May 31, 2005.

1. zorak

zorak

I have what seems like should be a very simple/standard need, and before I start on a solution I thought I'd ask if I'm going about it the wrong way.

Every 30 minutes, I'd like to get a quote on ABC and DEF. I'd then like to perform a simple mathematical operation on them...if a requirement is met, I'd like an alert of some kind (email, bell, flashing window, candygram, whatever).

I was about to use trademagic, but surely there is something already out there for this? Preferably something that works with IB, but Ameritrade would be ok also.

Thanks

2. Finding any kind of profitable strategy is like reinventing the wheel.

3. Choad

Choad

This would be easy with Visual Basic or C#, etc, and IB. Or just VB/QuoteTracker and another quote source.

You need to program it, of course, so I s'pose that could be called re-inventing... :D

4. maxpi

maxpi

You will need data and a programmable environment. Maybe Excel with some data from Esignal or Mytrack would do it? One little power tool of a software program that is very inexpensive is Sierra Charts. It comes with a built-in Excel-like environment and might be a real good way for you to be up and running quickly. I used it with mytrack data at one point and it seemed to work well.

Happy trading