Don't upgrade to TWS 860 yet.

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Lucrum, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hmmm, are the updates signficant improvements and new features?

If so, then they are truly blessed.

#11     Jun 20, 2006

2. IB Pete

seems like your team messed up big time again. It's not even that; no one is counting the bugs anymore, it's a matter of not listening to customers. Customers don't want upgrades if there is any chance they contain bugs.

Get your act together for godsake people have money on the line, developers ought to be responsible instead of spending their time playing around with supposed improvements .

#12     Jun 20, 2006
  3. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

Kicking,

You are not required to use the latest releases. All you need to do is to install a stand-alone version and then how frequently you update is mostly your choice. I only say mostly because roughly once a year you can expect us to force an upgrade.

#13     Jun 20, 2006
  4. I have noticed two bugs in the last release which effect me..

Ive found that IB have been unable to help me on either
    occasion. Even acknowledge the issues.

Heres a reply i got when i reported a function that had always
    worked one way in TWS API suddenly started to behave differently
    (and in my opinion erroneously):

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Trader,

If you have a trades(s) that you would like IB to look at please forward
    the exact details and we will be more than happy to look into them for
    you.

Regards,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completely ignore my Bug report!!

Customer service has never been IBs strong point.

So im resorting to keeping things simple, make too many
    assumptions and you cant rely on TWS API to keep working that
    way in future.

#14     Jun 20, 2006

5. Thanks for the suggestion, i will download the previous
    stand alone version. Hope fully a bigger fish will report the
    same issues im having and IB fix them before i am forced to
    upgrade.

#15     Jun 20, 2006
  6. You are not required to use the latest releases. All you need to do is to install a stand-alone version and then how frequently you update is mostly your choice. I only say mostly because roughly once a year you can expect us to force an upgrade.

Now thats great customer service. We didn't make you do it, it's your fault for upgrading. Why anyone continues to use IB is beyond me. :confused:

#16     Jun 20, 2006
  7. prob here is also the fact that almost all the suggestions posted in the ib thread have been so far ignored while useless [and dangerous] features keep bein' introduced..like those freakin' alerts for example. why spend time postin' useful ideas for improvements when they are blatantly ignored and fast forgotten :confused:

#17     Jun 20, 2006
  8. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Don't upgrade unless you are forced to or it has some new feature you need.

#18     Jun 20, 2006
  9. DTK

DTK

Build 860.9, June 16, 2006 12:08:04 PM

Java Version 1.5.0_06

#19     Jun 20, 2006
  10. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

We have implemented quite a list of improvements based on customers' feedback. Some requests are more easily addressed than others; perhaps that is the reason why what you believe to be "useful ideas" did not get implemented while what you believe to "useless and dangerous" features did.

Further, nothing gets "blatantly ignored" as you suggest. We have selected many of the suggested improvements for implementation, but other priorities do not allow us to complete them as quickly as we would like.

#20     Jun 21, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.