Don't Traders Know How To Short Markets?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cubsguy81, May 20, 2010.

1. He's smart enough to put a joke past you without you realizing it...

#11     May 21, 2010
  2. Enjoyed the memoir.

#12     May 21, 2010
  3. piezoe

piezoe

Totally free markets are bad and will destroy capitalism! They lead to monopolies and cartels and destroy free competition. The mainstream media in the US is not a tool of "anti-capitalist Marxists", it is a tool of capitalists. Do you think Bill Gates and Rupert Murdock are Marxists, for god's sake???

#13     May 21, 2010
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think you bring up a good point. My answer is:

1. Most traders/investors are still mostly long. So they can get out of the way by selling, but not necessery profit from it.

2. It is considered bad etiquette to smile about your profits when most of your fellow traders are losing money...

#14     May 21, 2010
  5. LOL, those guy on the floors are not thinking about shorts? Remember this is a job for that guy. If I were that guy on the floor I would be frowning from the volume I have to process. He is working his tail off.

#15     May 21, 2010
  6. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

good point, personally I'm trading FAZ/TZA/SMN/SRS/SDS heavily this last week, and will continue to do so .... personally I don't like holding short stock positions overnight, but I'm fine with going long the short etfs for swing trades, that's how I'll keep trading if the market keeps selling...

-ken

#16     May 21, 2010