Don't see how you become rational hoarding gold. Even if it works, you're a jerk.

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by tmarket, Sep 27, 2010.

Who recently said this about gold ("Even if it works, you're a jerk")?

1. Alan Greenspan

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. George Soros

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Jim Rogers

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Fred Rogers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Warren Buffet

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  6. Charlie Munger

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  7. Charlie Brown

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. Who recently said this about gold ("Even if it works, you're a jerk")?

"On investing in gold: I don't have the slightest interest in gold. I like understanding what works and what doesn't in human systems. To me that's not optional; that's a moral obligation. If you're capable of understanding the world, you have a moral obligation to become rational. And I don't see how you become rational hoarding gold. Even if it works, you're a jerk."

2. emg

emg

Foreign countries are investing gold in their sovereign wealth fund. The reason is the real estate market is declining and countries need to find another investment to boost the value of their sovereign wealth fund

3. LeeD

LeeD

The same bloke said:

"I think my taxes are a little too low. And I don't think we needed the last round of tax cuts, nor do I think that hedge fund operators deserve to pay lower taxes than taxi drivers as a percentage of income. I think when you're that crazy, it's serious."

4. zdreg

zdreg

the poll is idiotic since u can google the info.

5. LeeD

LeeD

Agree.... though I think the poll was meant as a joke. At least, I laughed.

6. However said it was ignorant of the writings of philosophers like Hume (reason is the slave of the passions), is clearly a collectivist utilitarian, and sounds pretty judgemental too. So I would guess Munger.

7. Only an idiot googles the result to a test with no prize for getting it right. The point is to challenge your intellect, not your ability to type a few words into a box.

8. Got it! Without googling. As I expected. 0-1-1-0-5-4-3. :cool:

9. Why Obama is not an option?

10. LeeD

LeeD

Gordon Brown should have been on the list for sure, just after cartoon character Charlie Brown. During his time as Chancellor of the Exchequer he sold most of the Bank of England's gold at record low prices. Even though he isn't the author of the quote in question, he has certainly followed the underlying phylosophy for quite some time.

#10     Sep 28, 2010