Don't risk your money on myths

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Murray Ruggiero, Aug 10, 2011.

Do you use backtesting ?

1. I don't know how to do it.

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. I think backtesting is a fraud

14 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. I use it for simple systems but not my chart analysis

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. I would not trade anything without testing it

35 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. jsp326

jsp326

Jack,

Just run your signals through Collective 2, Covestor or a similar site. No one has to know what kind of alchemy you perform with the MACD and Stochs. And you don't have to sell your signals or manage money. Just prove your worth on a long-term test. At least people will have a reason to pay attention to you.

Otherwise, you can just go back to obfuscation and your own little fantasy trading world.

#51     Aug 20, 2011
  2. What are the natural odds of someone that actually knows anything (that can be repeated) posting it publicly? I post many winners, but do not reveal the source code. It's private, proprietary, and not for sale.

10,000-1 or more

#52     Aug 20, 2011
  3. cornix

cornix

I often do share my setups, but for most who are unable to trade profitably it won't change anything, because success in trading is far not just the entry. :)

P. S. Setups are so "classic" and simple anybody already knows them most likely. :D

#53     Aug 20, 2011
  4. Very good odds. There was once a Swiss fund manager that posted all this system code public. Of course, I cannot discount that he then timed his own entries and exits a little earlier. Then he hoped for a momentum ride from those that followed the signals. Even if you post something that can be repeated people may not believe you. This is an example.

#54     Aug 21, 2011
  5. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

We still have no power due to the Hurricane. We expect it up later this week, but we are still checking e-mail for tech support. In addition we are having a hurricane sale, I will include a free membership pack with any new order of $495.00 or more between now and Friday. This is a 199.00 value.

#55     Aug 29, 2011
  6. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

We still do not have any power and we still are offering the same sale, let's make it though Saturday now. We will be shipping orders out this weekend or right after the holiday. We will also allow you to download the product while you are waiting on request. This way you can have it over the weekend.

#56     Aug 31, 2011