Don't miss the chance on Trading (shorting) RIMM

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Jan 14, 2013.

1. hajimow

hajimow

Trading $14.60 now. Are u kidding me. I am planning to short it again.

#51     Feb 4, 2013
  2. 2ez

2ez

i was respnding to the OP's statement that he didnt know anyone that was checking for the new BB.

was just adding my .02, that there are some in and out the states.

arguably, BB's seem to be less expensive with the cost for its device, BB messenger to communicate, send files without Wifi or extra associated cost.

and with the military and other entities....its better security and some new kind of available video chat that does not seem to be offered by the others.

i know some now that carry both the BB and iphone and the BB is used for more sensitive exchanges.

BB does not have to capture all its lost ground to make shareholders money. just get back a little.

#52     Feb 4, 2013
  3. how's it working out for you?!

#53     Feb 7, 2013
  4. hajimow

hajimow

Started shorting from 14.85 and slowly added to my position for every 50 cents up and then covered that portion with 50 cents down. I am very comfortable with my position. You should be patient.

Here is my strategy to short a stock. Let's say you want to short BBRY at 14.85. You short 20% at that price. It goes up 0.5 cents, you short 20% more and also sell 40% covered PUT for 14.5 and then if it drops 50 cents, you cover your 20% and then if it goes up you add 20% more and sell PUT for 15 for 20% of your short position. This is a simplified version of how I trade.

#54     Feb 7, 2013
  5. where'd you get the great idea to sell puts?

LOL

#55     Feb 7, 2013
  6. hajimow

hajimow

I don't understand your mockery. What do you mean?

#56     Feb 7, 2013
  7. hajimow

hajimow

I meant you short 20% more when it goes up 50 cents and not 0.5 cents.

#57     Feb 7, 2013
  8. hajimow

hajimow

On Friday 2/8/13 in a very strong day BBRY sank after being up. Now it is trading at 16.50 at 3:00PM ET. I consider it a bad sign for the stock. Too early to tell though.

#58     Feb 8, 2013